NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ATB and an ORCA Systems skimmer you can sell me one of these for the price of a euroreef ? not trying to debate, but to make a comment that a euroreef is made of cheap acrylic and use's a sedra pump like it is a bad thing. and what atb would you use on a 54g tank that would not be complete over kill or a orca for that matter. i dont sell skimmer's lol ok one's i have laying around but i have personally used oh around 10 different skimmers{ none over $300 } all on systems around same size of his, and id like to think ive been successful, or atleast my tank looks it, and i run a heavy stocked tank. 30+ sps 30 + morphs of zoa's list goes on and i have 10 fish and for a grand for a small atb that would be overkill and your saying a euroreef is over priced how do you figure ? even if you got the er 250 rated the same only use's 10w more and is half the price, do you really think the atb produces twice as much ? btw this is 3 days with a er 80 and i skim on the dry side

Attachments

• christmas 08' 142.jpg
    christmas 08' 142.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 121

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
it isnt a debate, you made a comment on brand and i asked how you figure er are cheaply made, you cant answer none of my questions asked that would help the guy decide on why he should spend a grand on a skimmer over a $300 or less skimmer,

Last edited:

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Definitely can't spend a grand on a skimmer... ain't making bank like some member's hear... YET. Thanks for the input everybody.

I know I am overskimming already with the one I have now, but perhaps (prematurely) I get pretty pissed off at the skimmer when it doesn't work and want something that can support an even bigger tank in case I upgrade in the future. From my understanding this ES5-2 can handle about 90 Gallons.

I'd love for my skimmer cup to be full as NYReefNoob's in 3 days. I wish I had that. Do you have a Gate Valve modification on that?
Do you think you can take a shot of the canister when it runs... I think I have a lot of turbulence in my skimmer.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i do have the gate valve which is the only mod on it, ive done all the different mods before these skimmer's mesh ect, didnt do it to this one, just the gate valve, btw it sits in 9" deep water, have you pulled your pump out and cleaned it lately ? the skimmer body fills completely with bubbles to the bottom

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I did have to clean it and took it apart and cleaned it. Fernankdog came over said I had too much air turbulence (Bubbles in the whole canister) and I had to do the gate valve.

I actually tried it, but I used a Ball Valve (because that's all home depot had-- College Point one).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: