• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
What is the survival rate of these black tangs so far? Are they all from the same source?

I've had mines for almost 3 month's now... When I got it, it was 1 inch now it's about 2.5 inches... It started out eating off the rocks for about 2 weeks, then it started eating spectrum pellets.. I've also had my 1 inch misbar regal for that amount of time and it just started eating pellets 3 days ago...

Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
i was at Michael sterns to pick up some fish, sorry to state this but the black tangs these size look awful compared to how they look full grown, he had some 7 to 9" black tangs and they were the most beautiful fish i ever seen, i don't think i can deal with waiting for it to be 5" plus. There snout look adorable. Have to save to put a 5" plus in my tank. but on another note, when yours grow out they will be to die for. Congrats to you all, Black tang Owners

lunner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
i don't think i can deal with waiting for it to be 5" plus.

HMm after seeing your tank thread, I though you are one of those really patience guy,,, LOL j/k
I know what you mean waiting for them to grow... (Those Super male Fairy Wrasses come into my mind :scratchch)

But I think most of these guys like to watch these baby/juvenile grow. Thats not just for their physical size but also their personality.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
So my baby blacks exhibited spots yesterday. This was somewhat expected hence they are in a QT tank. I am an avid believer that almost all tangs carry the parasite and true to this statement, it always pops up in about 10 days of isolation.
But no worries because that is why they are in **QUARANTINE** :)

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Get a neon goby I have 4 of them and they don't stress out fish like cleaner wrasse do.. My orange shoulders were covered in ich the second day I had them an the next morning they had no signs.... It was very weird because I hadn't seen ich in my tank for a long time.. I also run a UV sterilizer..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: