• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I agree. Jorge that is a sweet pic, number 2. Awesome sps, love the color.

J, change my pic, put that one instead.

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I agree , love that second shot.

what was the exposure on it, iso, flash? lens, etc.

nice acro as well ;)

iso 100, f 16, shutter speed 1/5 sec, focal length 300mm ( sigma 150mm macro with 2x converter), no flash.

Jorge,

How much PP went into the pic?

probably just as much as you do. lol.
WB, and two layers, auto levels, and brightens/contrast.

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I was looking at that sigma 150 2.8 , I've got the tamron 2x converter, It works well, but sucks up so much light. I guess at f16+ it does not matter though. How do you like the focus on the 150? the only negative things I read about the lens was the AF was a bit slow.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Jorge, these are the best i've seen from you! They are just excellent!

That converter has done you good.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Just curious, which converter you use? I have a 1.7 but it only works with a few lenses. Wished it worked with my macro, lol.

Is it a kenko?

Last edited by a moderator:

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Alright, J.... We get it. Now you're running up the score.:mad:
I'll give you a full box of corals if you come here and get some of those shots.
Really great pics. My vote still goes to Post 1 Pic 2.

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Again Thanks for the comments.

I was looking at that sigma 150 2.8 , I've got the tamron 2x converter, It works well, but sucks up so much light. I guess at f16+ it does not matter though. How do you like the focus on the 150? the only negative things I read about the lens was the AF was a bit slow.

I use the sigma 2x conv. with this combination u loose auto focus. the lens hunts to much in low light which i hate. yes the af is slow. but those canon L lens are expensive. yes a good steady tripod is a good thing to have and use for macro shots.

Just curious, which converter you use? I have a 1.7 but it only works with a few lenses. Wished it worked with my macro, lol.

Is it a kenko?

I have the sigma.
I think if I would have the extra cash I would get a canon.

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Alright, J.... We get it. Now you're running up the score.:mad:
I'll give you a full box of corals if you come here and get some of those shots.
Really great pics. My vote still goes to Post 1 Pic 2.

maybe one weekend I'll come over and take some shots. no need to give me corals. :lol_large

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: