yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I'm loosing patience with my clowns! I've had a pair of Clarkii's since shortly after Sandy. My female is HUGE. Probably around 3 1/2-4" and about 3/4-1 thick. She looks like a piranha. :)

About 2 month's ago, they started doing the mating dance. I've yet to see eggs, but they always dance in a cave, so I doubt I'd see them anyways.

When they started dancing, my female started stirring up sand. It's really out of control! I've lost a nice sized acan colony and every night I have to turkey bast sand off a bunch of my coral.

Any thoughts on what may prevent her from doing this?

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
A stern talk. But it didn't work for my pair of Cinnamons, female was similar size. I just ended up moving corals away from their "lair". Or you can rearrange some rocks that might change her mind on location. Mine could move mini colonies of anything, pluck snails off the glass/wall and relocate them. :mad: Sandy took them away from me however...

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I've came to terms that it's nature at its best. Just kinda crappy I had to dole out X dollars every few months for a new clean up crew. I got trochus snails that can allegedly "right" themselves, I was sold impersonators :( Reef on!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: