Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I got a 4 bulb t5 fixture it has 2 stock current 10k and 2 stock current 460nm bulbs. The two atinic bulbs are quite blue but not the blue that makes my corals to "pop" in color. Is there another bulb combination that will make the colors "pop". I'm looking for a much blue bulb, im thinking?

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
oh i know the blue LED makes the corals pop for sure but i was wondering if there is a T5 combo that does similar

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The 'pop' you looking for is probably from the 420nm spectrum so I'd probably start with replacing one of the the 460 actinics with a 420, for a 4 bulb setup I like...

Blue Plus
Actinic
Sunlight
Blue Plus

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I like joe's recommendation. I'm running the same kind of combo. Those blue plus bulbs are deceiving bright.

You can post to the RC T5 thread, Grim is real quick to respond. I bet his answer will be close to joe's.

The great part about T5 is that you can mix and match. Feel free to try a few combos!

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I like joe's recommendation. I'm running the same kind of combo. Those blue plus bulbs are deceiving bright.

You can post to the RC T5 thread, Grim is real quick to respond. I bet his answer will be close to joe's.

The great part about T5 is that you can mix and match. Feel free to try a few combos!

I have Steve (Grim) to thank for all the info I have on T5s, including the bulbs choices. I've been running that combo as well and really like the results so very easy to offer the recommendation.

That is the great part with T5, mixing and matching to find the right color choice or being able to a bulb or 2 (if you have the room) for even more options.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: