Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Marrone that may makes sense. So then why did he post 36 ppm and 6 ppm not .038 or .006 ?? We have seen this issue before 003, which often is 003 mS. Meaning .003 x 1,000 = 3 uS, not 3 ppm but more like 1.5 ppm

Last edited:

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
pics

Ok here is the picture of my TDS meter and my RODI as you can see the "in" *red is hooked up to the output or waste water and the (out) blue is hooked up to the filtered water. My out reading is 000 ppm and my in is 034 ppm.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 212
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 221

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I could be looking at it wrong, but it looks like your DI is in the first canister.

You generally want the water to go to the micron filter, then carbon, RO, DI. If this is the way you have it, disregard... I haven't finished my coffee yet.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope these plumbing drawings help as it appears you are running tap water into your DI first. I can't tell what the red line is but where you want yout tds meter IN and OUT probes is before and after the DI chamber. What you want to measure is the performance of your RO membrane and DI. Your DI resin should always produce zero tds and your resin should be changed at a reading of no higher then 2-3. I realize the second drawing is of a five stage unit and is just to show placement of probes.

Jim

FOUR_STAGE_RO-DI.jpg

Di_tds_meter_new.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bulkreefsupply suggests to put the "IN" line after the filter and the "OUT" line after the DI. Then you will know when to change the filter or DI.

Carbon filters will exhibit no signs of exhaustion through your tds meter. What you want to read is how well your RO membrane is performing (rejection Rate) and DI resin performance.

Jim

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: