• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

TUGBOATBRUCE

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok here is the deal -- My Fiancee and I have a rather large bet.

Keep in mind She Loves the hobby!!:lovestory

From now until April 3rd we bet that I can't do anything fish related other than routine maintenance on my tank. This includes NO surfing the net relating to fish/aquariums/sumps/corals/ANYTHING FISH RELATED, I can't go to any fish stores, the only other thing that I can do is read the fish magazines that I have. :goldfish2

The grand prize for this hanius challenge is a Nano tank and stand.
However; if I lose, I have to give her the equivilant of what the tank and stand cost in cash to do with whatever she wants! ( I'll cross my fingers and hope she buys a nano tank!).

If I take this challenge it starts first thing in the AM.

As I may only be on the computer for the next few hours, I need all the support and ideas you might have.

Help Help Help!:shocked:

Bruce

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
challenge

id lose that bet so i guess i cant help other then wait till she is gone and search the web. or say something is sick and then you have true excuse to browse

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
um, your best bet is to find another hobby for awhile. I recommend bowling or learning to play the piano. Totally random, I know, but it works... trust me.

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Dude, admit you're addicted. If it were March 3 I'd say go for it. But it's not. You're F'd.

Don't accept. go out and buy a new nano instead. Tell her to get that pair of Jimmy Choo's she's been eyeing. You both win. Or you could buy the shoes for her and she can buy you the tank.

B

SethKim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Bruce!!! My man!!! you've lost ㅠㅠ
Rule #1 Never make a bet w/ your woman, she doesn't like to lose; so she'll make you pay one way or the other!!!
Rule #2 Never argue w/ your lady, cause she always wins!!!

So looking at your challenge from all perspective, so on so on, you've lost!!! so just pay her and surf MR, that'll always ease your suffering

Sincerely!!!

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
tsk tsk, what ever happened with fair competition?
As a West Point Grad, I cannot condone Cheating.... especially with all this evidence dude.
If you want to win, get yourself a non fish hobby, like... hell I don't know man. Might as well give her the money, and get yourself the nano... I recommend the Aquapod (that is what I have)
lol

nycitaliano9

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Do what i do buy her nice pair of shoes and have her buy you a tank.

Me and my girl did this i got her steve maddan shoes $110

She ordered me a tunze 6045 on sale $61.00 but goes for $96

Im happy she happy

now i got her a Moto Q phone and im thinking about MH for my new tank

TUGBOATBRUCE

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wow - sooo many cheaters! I'm surprised.....

OK - I'm Bruce's Fiancee and don't get me wrong, I LOVE our 75 gallon reef tank and can't wait for a bigger one. Bruce is sooooo obsessed and consistanly on the computer checking out the newest stuff and always trying to upgrade. So I bet him, that he can't go until April 3rd without doing anything fish related except maintaining the tank we have. (he's also away for 2 weeks - so it's not as hard as it could be).

He really wants a nano tank for our bedroom - so if he wins - we get that. I want to try to save our money so that we can get a house and eventually get a 240 gal. tank in our house - so if I win, I want to save the money so that we can get what we really want.

The challenge has already begun - started 8am this morning - so u won't see Bruce on for awhile (unless he loses!) I'll keep ya posted as to how the challenge is going.

Have a great day!:spin:

TUGBOATBRUCE

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
OK - so the challenge is officially over - Bruce says he can't take it anymore - he's actually going nuts not being on the computer and chatting about fish! I hafta give him a hand though - he did last 24 hours and 35 minutes! :bablefish

Let's all welcome Bruce back!:grouphug: :cheers:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: