xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I purchased a toadstool from Manhattan Aquariums last Sunday. I would like to know where should I place the Toadstool in my tank. Also do they need lot of flow? Can I glue the toadstool to the rock or just leave in on the sand bed and let it move around till it finds its own place to stick too?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I purchased a toadstool from Manhattan Aquariums last Sunday. I would like to know where should I place the Toadstool in my tank. Also do they need lot of flow? Can I glue the toadstool to the rock or just leave in on the sand bed and let it move around till it finds its own place to stick too?

:sigh:

I would like to know where should I place the Toadstool in my tank.
..had you not added the 'in my tank' part, I would have answered you differently than I will now. lol

Place it low, med to high flow.

or just leave in on the sand bed and let it move around till it finds its own place to stick too

...where did you get the idea that toadstools motor around in tanks? :scratch:
..and no, you can't glue it down either.

Here is how I like to attach toadstools so they grow straight...

You need a flatish piece if rock about 2" long and 4 pieces of rock rubble and 1 toothpick and some gel glue.

The board is the 2 " pc of rock. Glue 2 equal in size pieces of rubble where the wheels would be (but a little closer to the outside edge of the flat rock). Dip it in water so the rubble sticks well.
Now turn it upside down, so the flat rock is on the bottom.

Take the toothpick and put it through the middle of the 'stem' of the toadstool, about 1/2" up from the bottom.

Stand the toadstool in the middle of the flat rock so the toothpick rests on the 2 pieces of rubble and the base of the toadstool sits on the rock.

Now take the other 2 piece of rubble, and glue them right on top of the first 2 pieces - trapping the toothpick between them, place in water until it's solidly together.

Then you can place it on the bottom of the sandbed.
In a couole of weeks the toadstill will firmly attach to the flat rock on the bottom and you can (or not) cut the toothpick out of there, and (or not) remove the rubble also.

I want to see pics! :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: