partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
As most of you know I have a 36 gallon planted tank. Due to limited space and the fear of the unknown Ive decided to go with a small unit. Ive done research and have boiled it down to two different units.
1. Hagen Nutrafin CO2 Natural Plant System with CO2 Activator and Stabilizer. Pros small in my budget range and don't have to deal with having co2 bottles refilled.
Cons. I would need 2. I cant turn it off at night. Would have to clean out the canister each month and I guess the smell is really bad.
2. Fluval Pressurized CO2 Kit.
Pros within my budget small easy to set up and change bottles. I would only need one. Cons. The refillable bottles will def cost more than just adding yest each month.
what do all of you think?
Im leaning toward the fluval just because I would only need one I can turn it off and no cleaning the canister each month.
For 2 of the Hagens it would cost me 70 plus shipping
the fluval would cost me 50 bucks plus shipping.
Thanks for your input.
patrick

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
1)Fluval and Hagen are same company.
2)For the second option you mentioned, I believe you are talking about the Fluval Pressurized CO2 55 which is supposed to be for a 20G. You may want to consider the bigger 88 instead. The CO2 will last longer and the cost is about $90+ shipping. Refill is ~$8-$15 each depending where you get them. Should be able to last 3 4 weeks in your case.

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks Wingo
Im waiting to hear what Michael has to say to you today. I spoke with my partner and he feels if I can find a real co2 system for around 250 or less that might be a better option for me. I placed a ad on craigslist looking to buy one and so far nothing. As you know I called Pacific and they have nothing in stock but will be getting one in, but I would have to wait a month for it to come in. If you know of any other lfs that might sell a smaller real system for 250 or less let me know and I will call them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: