brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
So now that I have my sps tank up and running and my sps are starting to take of slowly. I was wondering what are ppl feeding their sps. Right now Im feeding with Rods Original Blend.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
I don't know about anyone here but I feed my sps pure renegade goodness I blend my fish food and that all I feed my tank my sps eat with my fish I guess along with my daily dose of cal/alk/mag I don't know about anyone else some of these magic in a bottle is not all they cracked up to be

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I'm not feeding my SPS anything directly, I don't believe they eat coral foods directly. Indirectly, I believe that they utilize these foods as an increase of organic po4 and other nutrients. This increase in nutrients allows for more growth in the corals zooxanthellae. In tanks that are stripped of nutrients you can really see a difference by "feeding". I especially like the red omega type supplements like reef roids but this stuff is potent and will pollute your tank if you're not careful.
As far as coral foods go, they're all second to fish poop IME.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I've used Marine Snow (kinda expensive), then Its Alive by Marc Weiss (live phyto cysts which I store in the fridge) for a couple of years as that feeds the entire reef from the bottom up. One package of it lasts over a year. I'm on my second package now, but stopped using it a couple of years ago, since I have a continuous supple of phytoplankton growing in my tank, without dosing this stuff anymore. This stuff grows a thin green layer on the glass, which I wipe off every day.
Since I have a mixed reef, I'm currently grinding a tablespoon of New Life Spectrum pellet into powder and feeding that in.
I feed at dusk and there is plenty of polyp extension.

I do not feel I need to feed the SPS anything directly at this point.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
FYI I've been feeding my LPS corals Reef Nutrition ROE after lights go out and feeders are extended. LPS scarf the eggs down, but to my surprise so do some of my sps corals. Cali and oregon tort, tenuis, some stags, stylos and pocc etc. The ROE food is a pretty large grain size but the sps definitely grab it from the water column and consume it.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Since I got it basically free. I am testing out my tank with the Red Sea NOPOX with Reef Energy A&B. My zoas have always been impressive in growth but since starting the dosage I've seen nice growth on all corals.

i also supplement ca,alk,mg, feed every 2-3 days a variety of frozen food, and randomly add phytofeast (once a week).

I chose to go with NOPOX because my GFO was exhausting at a weekly rate. Too expensive to go this route. NOPOX at 3ml daily at a 500ml bottle. I will probably stick with NOPOX as I've seen a nice reduction in my algae battle since starting.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: