Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I use Kent Lugol's because i have a lot of soft corals.It is easy to over dose iodine and you may not need to add iodine at all.I recommend using a test kit to check your iodine to dose the right amount.

Last edited:

ereefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Talking to Chris Brightwell yesterday at the swap, he suggest everyone should dose 1 drop/day. BY the way I use Brightwell

C

cfin1974

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iodine or iodide

The only stuff I found for sale in the lfs is iodide. Should I buy iodine? I did a search and I understood it will work fine(iodide). Any opinions? I'm kinda new to this.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If you are going to ask the question, perhaps it is better asked, if you are dosing iodine, how much, what size is the tank, what brand, why and what are your results from dosing.

Iodine is contained in salt mix and as pointed out, with proper water changes, you should not have to dose it. Also as mentioned, unless you are testing for it, it should NOT be dosed at all.

So Mr. Brightwell himself (a manufacturer...) suggests everyone dose a drop a day eh?
I wonder how the math came out when he figured out how much $ he would make if everyone did that..lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: