BFITZ06

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
i added a 2nd fan dont remember if what direction i put them in. If you do a search for aquapod mods im sure you can find the right info

mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I think she might be ready...

Attachments

• 2013-08-29 12.01.19.jpg
    2013-08-29 12.01.19.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 2013-08-29 12.00.42.jpg
    2013-08-29 12.00.42.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 130

Klewis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I would put the fan in reversed directions, one blowing in and one blowing out to have an increased flow of air. If you have both blowing into the hoods light chamber there will be little or no air flow.

FYI if the fan stops working, replace it immediately or the clear plastic will melt and crack from the heat after a short while.

mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey guys, what level do you keep the water in the back chambers of your AIO?

Initially I had all the chambers and main display filled completely - the last water change I syphoned from the back and had chamber 2 overflowing into chamber 3 creating a waterfall effect, but then I lose out on about 1/2 of water.

What do you guys do?

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I had this same tank.
It was great for a nano but I had heat issues in warm weather so I replaced the stock pump to an MJ. I also cut the fins blocking the fans and upgraded to quieter computer case fans with more flow.
This was not enough so eventually I upgraded to a traditional tank/sump.
It was fine for a tiny all in one but I would take that top completely off and get a small T5 or LED instead. And an ATO.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: