Chefstar

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What do you guys feed your fish? I have a cardinal and a coral beauty angel. They don't like the new life spec. I was looking at the ocean nutrition reef flake. Just want to find out what's the best food out there for a fish and coral. Was also looking at coral frenzy for feeding my corals also.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I've been feeding New Life Spectrum pellets Thera A+ for years now and all my fish eat it like crazy. You may want to try Ocean nutrition Formula I & II, they sell them in Frozen, flake, and pellet. Also Instant Ocean sell wet foods in small packages, everything from Plankton to Brime shrimp.

jvu61

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a lot of Ocean Nutrition frozen cubes as well as pellets and flakes. I try to really mix it up so they get used to different things as well as keep a good balance.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Variety is the key. I have several different kinds and I switch them everyday. I started to feed frozen Spirulina Brine Shrimp and the fish love it. Recently I purchased Omega One Freeze Dried Mysis Shrimp (60% protein!) they love it too. My new purchase recently is LRS Reef Frenzy but somehow I don't like the way it dissolve in water but fish like it too. I read in several places Brine Shrimp is useless unless it is Spirulina Brine Shrimp so I switched to this now. If you want to feed corals too, I think Brine Shrimp is a little too big so I would use Mysis Shrimp.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Bkstang try mysis spirulina flakes by cobalt.

OP id recommend LRS Reef Frenzy for fish and corals or New Era Aegis Pellets for fish. ON Reef Flakes are good or they have it frozen now too.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wholeheartedly recommend LRS Reef Frenzy and Fish Frenzy for anyone with difficult to feed fish... IMO and with over 50+ years in the Aquarium Trade, I think it is the best frozen food on the market today. My display fish get it at least 3 times a week...

HefeWeizen

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Frozen Mysis, frozen brine shrimp with spirulina, ocean nutrition flakes of all varieties, new life spectrum small pellets, nori sheets, and live worms and brine shrimp. A varied diet is best.

JoeJawz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A varied diet is necessary. Mysis shrimp on and off paired with Omega on Marine Pelets does well for all of my fish. My tang also loves Ocean Nutrition algae

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have been feeding my fish and LPS chopped fish,shrimp and crab from the seafood dept. I also mix that with cyclopeeze and skip days and give them pellets so they dont get used to just 1 thing.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
This is what I use in my food.I make it up every two months in a small blender/chopper,
7FE8E6B5-2314-449C-A21D-33A3A8E4F8F7_zpsklcgamjk.jpg

I found these small ice cube trays on amazon.
9E97F88A-5A17-40FD-8F33-871A71AA3E48_zpsybfv8eym.jpg

This is my squirter. I put eight cubes in here with RO water every two days and keep in the fridge. When Im ready to feed I just squirt some in the tank.
So Im feeding about 4 small cubes a day.

DDB06391-DE70-4F21-BD74-6F71A9E086E9_zpssphokuoe.jpg

I have a EHEIM auto feeder that feeds pellets (spectra pure) at 10am & 12noon
I get home from work at 1:30 in the afternoon so Im able to feed the blender mush every few hours after that. Its not regimented and I have been known to skip a feeding or two.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: