A

Anonymous

Louey":2kf68em2 said:
I sent them an email questioning if it is gray market products. Let's see what they say.

Is gray market = after market?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of Camera Addict.

The 60mm is okay. It is tack sharp for closer subjects, but gets less sharp after about 8 feet. But it will do just fine until you get the more versatile lens.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's done. Camera and macro lens is ordered from B&H.

I also order a 1G card, a filter kit, a carrying case and a 2 year extended warranty. I wanted a 2 gig card, but they too were out of stock.

It was just under $1600.00

I'll get the 200MM when it is in stock somewhere.

I'm sure I'll have my hands full just learning how to use the camera with the macro lens to start with. Plus, macro = fish tank pictures. :D

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New question:

Sometimes ads for Nikon camera's and lens's says "USA" or "Import" and sometimes they say "USA Warranty".

Is "USA" and "USA Warranty" the same thing or is "USA Warranty" some trick verbiage to get you to buy an import?

I am still searching for the 18-200MM lens and just want to make sure I get what I want.

BTW-I received Fed-ex confirmation that I should receive my camera and macro lens from B&H tomorrow. :D

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And yet another question:

How important is it to have the original receipt as far as warranty is concerned?

I am asking this because I may wind up buying the 18-200MM lens on eBay. There are plenty available there and can be had for $800 - $875.00. But I might not get the original receipt. I personally don't think it would matter, but I am not sure.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey wrote:

How important is it to have the original receipt as far as warranty is concerned?

I am asking this because I may wind up buying the 18-200MM lens on eBay. There are plenty available there and can be had for $800 - $875.00. But I might not get the original receipt. I personally don't think it would matter, but I am not sure.

Well Louey :lol: , I just received a 60MM Nikkor Macro lens that I bought from B&H, and the warranty states that it is only good for the original purchaser and is not transferable. It further states that to receive warranty service, the original bill of sale must be submitted.

So it appears that you must be the original purchaser.

But, what happens if someone bought the me the lens as a gift? I wouldn't be the original purchaser, but I surely would be entitled to a warranty, no?

Louey

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. Sorry. I missed your questions. I guess you have them answered. In any case, Nikon's stated policy sounds strict, but when it comes to lenses, they really aren't very strict in practice. Camera bodies are another issue. But rarely will you have to service either (especially rare for lenses).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to go ahead a grab one on eBay. I'll just buy one of the ones that is offered with a copy of the original reciept. Some people advertise that, some don't.

Then I'll just swear it was a gift!

Louey

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I've found ebay lenses for current models tend to sell for nearly as much as a new one. Nikon lenses hold amazing resale value, even after 5 years. But the lenses that you might be able to save a substantial amount of money on are those that are "kit" lenses ... aka lenses that come packaged in camera body sales that some people feel like selling after they get the set.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len wrote:

FWIW, I've found eBay lenses for current models tend to sell for nearly as much as a new one.

The 18-200MM lens sells for more on eBay than it does at B&H ($749), J&R ($799), etc. They go for over $800 and sometimes over $800 on eBay. I snagged one last night for $825.

But that is simply supply and demand. B&H and J&R advertise nice prices, but they don't have them in stock and rarely do. If you are one of the lucky few who get a lens from them when they are in stock, then you save a few bucks.

You'd think Nikon would increase production on a lens that has this much demand and has for two years.

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: