A4edwin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was looking at getting one of the kamoer x1 dosing pumps but which one do I go with the Bluetooth or the wifi. I heard the wifi only works with 2g and not 5g. I plan on dosing tropic marine all for reef. Later on when the coins available upgrade to the ghl. Wanted an apex but they discontinued the wxm module. And I like my mp10.

35ppt

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four of the bluetooth models. They've been working flawless for me for the past couple years or so. The thing about the bluetooth models is that if they loose power they loose track of the time. So dosing starts over from the beginning of the cycle. Which shouldn't really be an issue if you're dosing throughout the day and night. But if you're only dosing at day or night you may have an issue. But once reconnected to your bluetooth device they go back on track. To avoid ever dealing with that I have mine plugged into my battery backup. I believe this is an issue that they fixed with the wifi model. And I agree about the app. It could be more intuitive and the reservoir amount remaining thing never works for long so I just ignore it. Overall I'm very pleased with my X1's and wouldn't hesitate to buy more if I needed.

Last edited:

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I have a kamoer peristaltic pump and the WiFi is basically unusable especially if you're running an Apple product as your interface. Their software is outdated and doesn’t work with most current Mac and Pc software. I just run it manually. Otherwise a very solid product.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I reached out to kamoer direct. Their instructions were that i had to reprogram my WiFi router to older software to make it work. The I could possibly upgrade my unit and it might work with current WiFi programs. Not worth it. So I just run it manually

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: