reefjunkie09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I switched to H2Ocean by Deltec. Still to early to give opinion but the Tropic Marin I was using was not so good in my opinion. The mag was always very low. Had to dose mag like crazy. Hoping this Deltec salt is much better.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I've always use Tropic Marin & Tropic Marin Pro, for about 30 years, but I had problem with Hair Algae, that I couldn't get rid of. Once I switched over to IO those problems went away. I currently use ESV, haven't really seen a lot of improvement but I don't have to add Alk, Cal & Mag when I do water changes.

A couple of people, who I trust their opinions, say H2O is very good, and that they've seen very good results from using it. Definitely worth the extra money, and in the big picture of things, it's not really that much.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
i used instant ocean and i dont like it, have to add to much cal to get right level, used reef crystals for yrs i love it but i would always have some type of cyno issue, now using esv, i got to say my cyno dropped alot. levels are ok with this salt

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I been using H20 and for about a year. Price is about same as ESV So I'm going to give it a try. Just order it and its on back order. Can't go wrong ordering this online if your having trouble finding at LFS. Shipping only $8.99 FOR 200 Gallon mix. One tank is SPS with H2O. Other tank used RC with fish and I agree with another post about algae. Always use a RO/DI on both tank.

pweissma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I switched to H2Ocean by Deltec. Still to early to give opinion but the Tropic Marin I was using was not so good in my opinion. The mag was always very low. Had to dose mag like crazy. Hoping this Deltec salt is much better.

I've been using H2Ocean on my Solana since day 1. I don't really have any other experience in the hobby for comparison although I've tried ESV briefly and didn't notice any difference. H2Ocean has worked well for me in that my fish, inverts etc are all doing well.

Couple things about H2Ocean. It leaves a tan residue that eventually caked up my mixing pump and bucket even though I do rinse them off. Also H2Ocean is really expensive at about 50 cents per gallon.

I'm switching to ESV for my Solana and IO for my 7g office tank.

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
i mix 15 gallons of D&D every week and have yet to get a residue. i would also like to add since my switch from esv to D&D i also added an additional 40 gallon fully stocked frag tank LPS & SPS dominated and my dosing dropped almost 30-40% a week and parameters are dead stable no fluctuations. so it costs a little more. i save time in mixing, measuring, and dosing which in my life time & stability are more valuable than a couple of dollars.
JMO

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: