Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
.I dont really think it was his fault cause what do you do if a fish gets ich?? Just it leave it there?? He had no choice and unfortunately, his emergency plan didnt go so well

That is exactly what I do....I raise the temp in the tank to 81, and feed with selcon soaked food, and have at least 1 cleaner shrimp in the tank.

Good luck from here.

When you raise the temp in the main display, make sure you do it very slowly over many days (I would do it over 20 days minimum, if I was able to stay that patient)

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
im doing hypo now to completely get rid of ich then from now on i will quarantine the fish before they go in.
That is exactly what I do....I raise the temp in the tank to 81, and feed with selcon soaked food, and have at least 1 cleaner shrimp in the tank.

Good luck from here.

When you raise the temp in the main display, make sure you do it very slowly over many days (I would do it over 20 days minimum, if I was able to stay that patient)

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Well if you had the tank at least at a normal temperature you wouldn't have gotten ich in the 1st place.. What made you think it was ok to add fish to a tank that's 63 degrees?
I'm sorry to tell you but you should not be having such a tank set up especially when people are telling you what to do and you are like "oh well I guess the fish will just die". Rock from an established tank or not you will still get a mini cycle and that was the least of your problems. Go buy yourself a heater and stop worrying about a seahorse tank and a $400 powerhead.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
like i said before. i havent added a fish in the past month. the temp just dropped from 79 to 66 in 1 week with a 500 watt heater. i got it back up to 70 now and the fish got ich a month ago when everything was stable and im doing hypo salinity to get rid of ich completely then quarantine the fish from now on. and im not worrying about the seahorse tank or the 400 powerhead there just on my to do list. theres nothin else i can do to heat up a tank with a 500 watt heater and the house temp is now 60 degrees. i cant do anything else about it. i rather keep the temp at 70 in the tank otherwise the haters on all day and night and i dont want my parents getting pissed over the electric bill because they just got one for $200 and no ones even living there yet the only thing turned on is the tank.
Well if you had the tank at least at a normal temperature you wouldn't have gotten ich in the 1st place.. What made you think it was ok to add fish to a tank that's 63 degrees?
I'm sorry to tell you but you should not be having such a tank set up especially when people are telling you what to do and you are like "oh well I guess the fish will just die". Rock from an established tank or not you will still get a mini cycle and that was the least of your problems. Go buy yourself a heater and stop worrying about a seahorse tank and a $400 powerhead.

Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

He got ich, because a certain store sold him a sick fish...

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The heaters been on for 5 days straight I gave it a chance to turn off by setting the temp to 70 degrees if I set it to 71 it does not go off.
Wtf r u doing man!!??? Very ignorant man ,the heater must stay on or byebye u makin this tread horrible ,id be ashamed to even start a post like this

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I said this before AT THE TIME THE TEMP WAS STABLE it didn't go off.1 a day. This has been a cold week and it dropped. And it got ich because it was a new fish I put it like 5 or 6 weeks ago and it was stressed because of that.
NO he got ich because he has no idea what he's doing and the temp keeps swinging. That's HOW you get ich.perhaps you should do some reading as well.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
What's WRONG with this picture?

PIOTR

Lucky Luciano :shhh: (name changed to protect the innocent)

Just aKid :shhh:(name changed to protect the innocent)

SENIOR MEMBER!!!!!...they're not even high school SENIORs...how misleading to anyone visiting the site, that might listen to advise given by a SENIOR member!

Last edited:

DJYoshi

A Newbie to the Reef Game
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
He got ich, because a certain store sold him a sick fish...

Ich is parasitic. It's commonly found in the environment. IF the fish gets stressed, it's immune system can't fight what's out there... cold temp i'd say will definitely kill the fish's immune system making them susceptible to disease.

I've had ich in my tank before and I didn't remove the fish. i treated with ich medication, bumped the heat up...let the parasites fall off, and then did big water changes until everything was good to go.

And just b/c you love something doesn't give you the right to mistreat it.
It's like saying: hey, I love my son, but I'll just let him freeze.

Reefing is pretty damn expensive to keep up with. If you're worried about the $ it takes on upkeep and making sure the tank and inhabitants are in optimal conditions, I'd suggest looking into a different hobby.

It amazes me how people mistreat coral & fish... "oh it's just a fish." Regardless of how small an animal is...it's an animal.. it's a pet... coral are alive... your tank is alive.... treat it and respect it like you would had it been another human being or living entity that you might respect or revere more.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
yea but its not my fault the weather is cold. i even put the heat up in the house and the tank temp is 70 which is still low but its fine because i know many people with low tank temps and the fish got ich because it was stressed the day i put it in because it was 2 days later i saw the white spots and did hyposalinity on my tank to completely get rid of it and from now on i will quarantine fish first with copper. the temp problem just started happening when the temp just completely dropped outside like a week ago while i was in the middle of hypo so they dont have ich now.
Ich is parasitic. It's commonly found in the environment. IF the fish gets stressed, it's immune system can't fight what's out there... cold temp i'd say will definitely kill the fish's immune system making them susceptible to disease.

I've had ich in my tank before and I didn't remove the fish. i treated with ich medication, bumped the heat up...let the parasites fall off, and then did big water changes until everything was good to go.

And just b/c you love something doesn't give you the right to mistreat it.
It's like saying: hey, I love my son, but I'll just let him freeze.

Reefing is pretty damn expensive to keep up with. If you're worried about the $ it takes on upkeep and making sure the tank and inhabitants are in optimal conditions, I'd suggest looking into a different hobby.

It amazes me how people mistreat coral & fish... "oh it's just a fish." Regardless of how small an animal is...it's an animal.. it's a pet... coral are alive... your tank is alive.... treat it and respect it like you would had it been another human being or living entity that you might respect or revere more.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
ok and exactly what did i waste my money on and how am i not fit for this hobby. i have a healthy tank with good parameters i do my water changes every sunday i spend the money on good equipment and everything is healthy. the store sold me a fish with ich so it got introduced into the tank and when i put a new fish in it got ich from being stressed. so now im doing hypo salinity to completely get rid of it so thats the total opposite of wasting money because im actually saving on salt.
He still dont get it,just sell everything thats left before it all goes ,donate it or sumtn cause u aint fit for this sh!!t .what a waste of $$$$

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: