Vic8361

Hi just wanted to let every one know that Sal has some very nice sps colonies for a decent price. I Went to the store today while they were stocking up there tank with over 30 new colonies. Very nice pieces. Wish I could of bought a couple but I am totaly tapped out with the kids starting school and all.
Vic

I

iceman716238

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
I was at his store 2 weeks ago and he took me downstairs to look at the frag tank. OMG it is awesome. I left there with a bunch of frags and had to count change to pay the tolls.

bigmanny

I was there on Mon. He still had some great aquacultured pieces left. I took two pieces 1 green bottle brush and a bluetip tabletop. I told my friends and they got there on tues. Just as Sal was bring up some frags. They picked up some Blue Tortusa and Pink Millepora and he gave them a piece of tri-color, that he didn't mount yet because they donated some of thier frags when his ex-partner robbed his show tank. I always make them my first stop. This place really has the hobbiest in mind.

Tom

I

iceman716238

That cap grows fast Jim. I had a small frag about a month ago and now it is about a 4" circle and is starting to make shelves. I love the pink color it has. Enjoy.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Iceman,

What kind of lighting do you have it under and where is it located in your tank ion reference to the lights?

My frag is not in direct contact with the MH light and is on the side of my tank where the SCWD circulates. It is below my dual 96w pc's and indirect MH light, so we'll see. Sal said the higher the flow rate the tighter the shelf on this particular cap.

Let me know, I'd be curious to hear what condition yours is under and thanks for responding.

Jim

I

iceman716238

I have the aquastarlight future unit. 2-150watt double ended AB bulbs. I keep it midway in the tank with medium flow. It is about 2" away from the spot directly under the bulb, so it is getting a lot of light. I also might add that my lights are only like 7" above the tank.
It turned darker when i first got it. At that time, my lights were like 24" inches off the ground. As i lowered them, the cap turned into a nice pink color. When u see it turning more of a orangish than a pink, move it closer to the halides.
Alex

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: