• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

gnatp2

Greek god
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Looking to buy/borrow a fish trap from anyone. I built my own ghetto one, but only having partial success. Let me know if you have one available asap. I'm trying to manage an ich outbreak.

Thanks,
Nate

ReefDriven

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
You should just make one. Get yourself a plastic bottle (2liter soda bottle, gatorade bottle, poland spring bottle) it all depends on the size of the fish you are trying to catch. Cut about 2-3 in off the top part of the plastic. Turn the top inside out and tie it with some fishing line on one side. It should stay put. If not, just tie the other side and you should be good to go. Make a whole bunch of holes all around the plastic bottle for water to get in. Put some flakes or frozen mysis and drop it in. Make sure you have a line tied to the bottle so that when the fish goes in, you can pull it out quick. Sometimes the fish can get in and easily get out. Let me know what type of fish you are trying to catch. I have an extra one that I made for small gobies and blennies. Good Luck!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: