bergerd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I just got a new small (4.5 g) refugium. I need 3-4 germinated mangrove trees, refugium mud small amount, cheato, other macroalgae, and any other stuff that might be helpful in keeping the nitrate levels low (of course, along with water changes). I already have Aragonite fine grain (sugar size) sand. I will also have some left over if you want to trade. I work in Brooklyn and live in the East Village. Will come to pick up. Appreciate any help you may be. Thanks, David

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
just to help you out. Mangroves wont help your refugium, if ur talking about miracle mud it needs to be changed out every so often as it looses its beneficial bacteria.

However , I do have a large clump of cheato I can spare as long as you drive to NJ

bergerd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thanks

Drunktank - thank you for increasing my knowledge about refugium stuff. I thought mangrove trees help decrease nitrates. Is that wrong? As far as NJ goes, I think Flushing is closer. But thanks for the offer.

Ming - thank you for the offer. I can pass by today or Friday during lunch time (12-1 P). Are you around then? Please call me at work 718--221-4500 x252 to make arrangements.

Thanks, David

Last edited:

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mangroves reduce nitrates, but you'd never notice it with just four. They are mostly asthetic plants if you ask me. You'd need a lot to notice any significant drop. Also, the leaves can be bad for your system if they fall into the water and aren't taken out right away. \

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: