DanD10514

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a harlequin shrimp who I bought to eat my asterina starfish (I used to have tons).

He wiped out every single one of them. I would still like to keep him, so does anyone have asterinas for sale or know of a way to keep a harlequin shrimp long term (I've read that if you have 5 or 6 sand sifting starfish then that can feed one harlequin since they only eat the feet so the harlequin would rotate but I am not sure of the veracity of this).

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

DanD10514

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can give you a bunch of asterina . I’m in Nassau
awesome, where in Nassau? I live in Westchester and work in the city so I'd have to figure if it is better to go on a weekend from home by driving or during the week by train from my work.

This is all dependent on your schedule of course..

Thanks

grsfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
awesome, where in Nassau? I live in Westchester and work in the city so I'd have to figure if it is better to go on a weekend from home by driving or during the week by train from my work.

This is all dependent on your schedule of course..

Thanks

Probably not worth coming to Nassau from west Hester. I’m sure there are people locally that would have some to give you

Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
You can cut off a leg and leave the rest in the sump. Or you can throw the whole star fish. Trust me it won’t get away. The harlequin will flip it over On it’s back and eat it slowly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The leg will grow back but those things have a mean appetite. I feed a medium to large star fish. It will last it about 2 months
38bac420c21f55ff75d2cbf66f0a23c1.jpg

DanD10514

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The leg will grow back but those things have a mean appetite. I feed a medium to large star fish. It will last it about 2 months
38bac420c21f55ff75d2cbf66f0a23c1.jpg

Got it, so one chocolate starfish is fine and you haven't had issues with it eating corals?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: