pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Hi David,
I have a 30g Oceanic hex tank with stand.
The stand is the texurized gray stone look and the tank rims are gray to match the stand. There is a glass canopy included. On one side of the hex top rim, a piece of the inside rim was cut a bit to hang a fluidized filter but you can't see the blemish from the outside.
If your interested, I'll take a better look at the tank for scratches and blemishes. It's been sitting dry in my garage.

Last edited:

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Hi David,
It's actually a 30g Hexagon tank. I originally stated 35g but those were the AGA tanks. Oceanic is either a 30g or 60g Hex. (I edited the post)

So it's just the tank stand & glass canopy. There is a crappy NO single strip light if wanted. The tank is in med to good condition because on the top trim, the original owner had cut of the inner plastic rim. I guess he did this to fit whatever he was hanging back there. There are a few light scratches about 1/3rds way up. Most likely from rockwork. The stand matches the tank trim with that faux gray stone look. There was at one time some water damage on the top edges which had caused some of the paint to flake. You can see it in the pics. The door to the cabinet is very narrow, so I would think that any cannister filter you were thinking about would have to be on the outside.
I guess if I was to set this tank up (would make a great seahorse tank cause of the height), I would utilize either a HOB Bak Pak or Remora on the back (for skimming) and a cannister filter for carbon. The Bak Pak would probably work out better since it has a 90 degree directional nozzle for output vs the waterfall for the Remora. Even though everyone knows that the Remora skims better, I was looking more at surface flow agitation you would get from the nozzle. I would then use a large cannister filter and connect the output to a spray bar mounted vertically to create additional flow. If your using LR, I would skip the foam inserts unless you are disciplined enough to clean them every week.
Anywho, here's the pics:

DSC01066.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Some more of the stand and top damage:

DSC01070.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

Pic of how narrow the access door for the stand is:
DSC01069.jpg

Tank measurements are 18" from flat sides of the Hex, 20.5" from corner to corner of the Hex, 25.25" for height. Stand is 27.25" in height, tank and stand height is 52.5".

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Hi David,

I was going to give the $ to my buddy that left the tank here. He didn't ask me to sell it for him, he just gave it to me so I thought that giving him the $ would be nice.

Looking for $75 for the tank, stand and glass top. You can have the single strip light if you want it. The light is probably only an 18w flourescent and the inline transformer has some surface rust but I think it lights up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: