inkblue

Rice Planter
Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
Thanks Frank... Hey Jonathan, as sooN as I figure out tank dimensions, I'll let you know for the cabineT

... you's guyZ are BAD influence! i started out with a 20 gallon and now am heading for a 72... BAD !! :banghead: :rolleyes: :afro:

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
inkblue said:
Thanks Frank... Hey Jonathan, as sooN as I figure out tank dimensions, I'll let you know for the cabineT

... you's guyZ are BAD influence! i started out with a 20 gallon and now am heading for a 72... BAD !! :banghead: :rolleyes: :afro:

LoL....once the upgrade bug hits, it never goes away. If your not upgrading you tank your gonna be upgrading something else. It hit me hard :(

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Didn't I say to you when we first met at Steve's house, that I can see you will running a 120G soon? I can see you you will upgrading again from 72 to 120G, who knows maybe 180G.

That's what most of people in this board going through. I started from 30G to 55G to 65G to 90g to 120g within an year and a half. Now I am thinking 180G.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I think I'm the only one who doesn't want to go bigger than my current reef. I'm happy with a 120G and wouldn't want to do the work or spend the extra cash maintaing a larger tank. :)

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
jackson6745 said:
I think I'm the only one who doesn't want to go bigger than my current reef. I'm happy with a 120G and wouldn't want to do the work or spend the extra cash maintaing a larger tank. :)

I don't want to go bigger with my reef too.. Can't afford the electricity anymore:(.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
To go bigger on a Fish only tank doesn't add alot more cost but for a reef tank it really adds on from needing a bigger protein skimmer to more lights to more addatives.

I made the jump from a 20gal to a 160gal tank. They have them on sell, when I lived in Brooklyn, for $199 which was the tank and a iron stand. The cost of a 55gal with stand was about $100 less so it was worth the additional $$ to get the larger tank.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: