b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I am not here to bash anybody or any company. Just want everyone to be safe and know what they are buying before anything bad happens. I went to a certain favorite fish store in Yonkers yesterday. My wife just got her income tax and she was in a good mood and wanted to spend some money yesterday. Went to fish store and the service was horrible. Had 10 guys in blue shirts just standing around shooting the breeze. After asking the 3rd guy for some service my wife wanted a flame angel. They had plenty of them. After looking at them my wife noticed they all had icy. Thats right ALL of them. Since all there tanks are connected on a loop I was quite concerned. Secondly the guy had no idea what the hell he was talking about. The price on the tank clearly said $35. When asked about them since I do have a up and running quarantine tank the guy said they are now $45. I said dude the price here clearly says $35. He told me that was yesterday today is a new day. I was pissed but the wife was already on cloud 9. I then acquired about some beautiful majestic angels that they had for sale. The guy told me for them they are $45. I knew this to be a mistake cause if anyone knows anything about fish that would be entirely to cheap. The guy told me no they are $45. I decided to take advantage of his mess up after I asked him again are you sure. I said give me 2 then. Needless to say when the guy rung the majestic angels up the price was $95. I laughed and then the guy at the counter asked for the guy that told me $45 since whoever was at the desk asked me who told me that. I then looked for the guy but to my surprise he disappeared. At this point I was frustrated and ready to go. I had plans on buying much more fish but I am so glad that I didn't.

I drove all the way from Long Island to buy flames at a place in Yonkers Too yesterday! And noticed when I got there that they all had ich as well, after telling them they were all removed. They were the only fish that had it at the time so I'm guessing they must have come in that way, everything else looked good. The service is iffy but for the price you have to just deal I guess.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I drove all the way from Long Island to buy flames at a place in Yonkers Too yesterday! And noticed when I got there that they all had ich as well, after telling them they were all removed. They were the only fish that had it at the time so I'm guessing they must have come in that way, everything else looked good. The service is iffy but for the price you have to just deal I guess.
Tropical Island has one nice Flam Wrass left I know because I got the other one and if you get him tomorrow he will be 30% off ;)

This is the one I got the other one looks just like it.
BB120Reef04-08-13-3_zps8be0c4cc.jpg

4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, that certain store in Yonkers has great prices, and normally healthy fish, but the service is not so good, and the store isles are narrow. I felt like I was at the Fulton Fish market bargaining for prices....

??? So you're not gonna QT the angel, or any 'cheap' fish?
A $1 fish can still wipe out your entire tank, even the expensive ones! If you have the QT... Use it

Absolutely, just seeing those flames with ich yesterday scared me to def. I will always qt all fish. All I am saying is I will eventually be going back to buy a purple tang, obviously I won't buy it if it has ich. But if they look good I could see it being worth the gamble.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Yes the stock looks very nice and the prices are excellent. But take into consideration that they had these flame Angels in there tanks mixed up with other fish. All the tanks are connected so hey you get the point hopefully. From now in I will just pay the higher prices for better quality and customer care. It's not worth the hastle. To see a advertised price on a tank but you still won't honor it is so disrespectful. I'm there all the time. It's not like the store was busy. If I have to I will go online and order from petco.com. There prices are decent and they give you a warrantee. I work hard for my money as well as everyone else. I don't deserve and won't be traded that way by anybody. I don't care about cheap prices. But then again you get what you pay for. It wasn't like this before a certain employee left. But for all of you who like the great prices but get treated like trash. Good for you. I will not settle for less.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: