NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
hof, the zoo in peekskill and fishtopia in fishkill, and there's beach aquarium in peekskill, price's are a little high on some thing's, but dont like the way owner operates at times so i dont shop there no more

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
House of Fins and Greenwich Aquaria are truly top notch Expensive but beautiful. Aquatic Warehouse in Yonkers is rebuilding. nothing really exotic but they have the basics at reasonable prices and sometimes you run across something interesting. Use The drs and some others for mail order. looking to check out some others local and not so local when i upgrade to a 120.

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
you are right Exotic Pet Warehouse, been going there so long should have got the name right so much for late night typing. Lou and Anthony have always been fair to me. Have you been there lately they have been making some good changes. Still a work in progress.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
you are right Exotic Pet Warehouse, been going there so long should have got the name right so much for late night typing. Lou and Anthony have always been fair to me. Have you been there lately they have been making some good changes. Still a work in progress.

I wouldn't go there if they were paying people to take the livestock off their hands.

adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
All star aquarium in Mohegan Lake is (from personal experience) a better place to shop than the zoo (which fell off pretty hard imo, and i got flat worms from his rock) or beach (which is closing), or Jaws in Elmsford (that place is nuts idk if the same guy still owns it, but i wouldnt shop there for fear of a dea raid while i am picking out my coral), the complete aquarium is the name of the place in bedford (not much of a store, its more of a loading station from which employees pick stuff up and drop it off in millionares aquariums that they service) its not a bad place if you wanna spend $50 on a cleaner shrimp or $200 on a gonapora.

The zoo really used to be my favorite placed to shop, the smell of pipe tobacco as you walked in instantly alerted you that frank was there. His live rock was beyond compare, the prices were always great, and Frank always made me laugh. I like the new owner alot, but it is not the same store it used to be.

All star on the otherhand, is new, the owner is energized, he knows his stuff, he gets his stock from the same place as the more expensive stores in our area but doesnt jack up prices, he has access to just about anything you could possibly want (even if its not in the store he'll order it for you and get it in quickly) and he's pretty funny to boot (idk why this matters but it does)

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
+1 on Allstar aquarium, hard to beat his price's whether fish or corals, owner is awesome to deal with

, the smell of pipe tobacco as you walked in instantly alerted you that frank was there
lol too funny but frank was kinda a prik also, zeek is new owner and been working there forever, does have great prices on his fish though

Aquatic Life Direct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I had the opportunity to visit this beautiful store! I have never seen livestock so healthy! The owner is a great person and all i have to say is, if you guys havent stopped by this store yet, YOU ARE MISSING OUT! The prices are very very reasonable! I ended up buying a few things for our new setup. A++++++!

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
theres a place in brooklyn, not sure if anyones familar with it, its at 5415 8th ave, between 54th and 55th st.. called reef aquarium, inc... went there this morning on my way home to check it out.. great selection of coral and frags.. great livestock for both salt and fresh.big selection of drygoods and the prices were reasonable.. ex. a powder brown tang 4-5in was 39$..

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
+1 for all star... adamt I have to thank you for telling me about this place when we taloked on the phone back about a month ago. The guy at all star cracked me up he is funny and very fair. his fish and corals look real nice and healthy. The guy sells frags too what else could you ask for.

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wouldn't go there if they were paying people to take the livestock off their hands.

You turned out to be 1000 percent right about exotic pet. What ever changes they said they were making never happened. Last time i stepped in it looked like S##t. Tanks were filthy and corals dying and infested with planaria. Tried to offer advice on how to remedy and apparently stepped on someones toes. After doing business with them for over 25 years and seeing their total lack of concern for both their customers and livestock, I have to admit that I wish I had spent my money elsewhere and will do so for now on.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: