BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I'm starting to get into higher end zoas and was wondering what I need to look out for and what to dose to ensure they don't melt on me. I've had pretty decent luck with some no named zoas but don't want to take chances with higher end ones. Any tips?

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
If you can keep the regular ones that you should be fine with any. In my case I cannot keep Darth Mauls alive no matter how many times I tried.

My zoas range from really basic ones to Sunny D's, Fruit Loops, and others that I dont know they names of.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
i got a bunch of them and for some reason i cant keep the red people eaters so who know just throw them in the tank and what ever ur routine is just keep it up they will grow if they like ur tank

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
bro keep ur finger cross there nada u can do about that i just trade with a friend of mine and the zoas i got from him melt and theres nothing wrong with my tank i have about fifty zoas right now so go figure i also frag a few rastas for someone else not too long ago they open up in my tank and when he took the frag they melted in his and he have alot of zoas also so u never with these thing

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
bro we just just bought alot of them, i hope all mine dont melt. (LOL) heres a laundry list of them lmao.

::Bright Green Palythoas
::Purple Painted Palythoas
::Mello Yellow Zoas
::Blue Orgasm Zoas
::Candy Apple Zoas
::Cocos Pink Zoas
::Green Apple Zoas
::Lovely Ladies Zoas
::Morning Glory Zoas
::Passion Fruit Zoas
::Red Head Kid Zoas
::Sunny Girl Zoas
::Arctic Ice Zoas

Not really high end but i guess something like that. lmao

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
bro we just just bought alot of them, i hope all mine dont melt. (LOL) heres a laundry list of them lmao.

::Bright Green Palythoas
::Purple Painted Palythoas
::Mello Yellow Zoas
::Blue Orgasm Zoas
::Candy Apple Zoas
::Cocos Pink Zoas
::Green Apple Zoas
::Lovely Ladies Zoas
::Morning Glory Zoas
::Passion Fruit Zoas
::Red Head Kid Zoas
::Sunny Girl Zoas
::Arctic Ice Zoas

Not really high end but i guess something like that. lmao

You guys are crazy. Lol buying frenzy. I see your posts everywhere.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
AND YES BUYING , ITS a CORAL ADDICTION! thats why im starting up my frag tank. and ill be able to overload my self in it one day lmao.!

next thing you no ill be placed on a frag plug and sold by my girl lmao !

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I kinda knew that lmao. ""hope im not that slow" lol

well if you do end up buying from the guy i hope to see them in your tank. and would love to get some of them off you one day cause it is a really nice package.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
baamnyc i if i was u not telling what to do but i would buy a few sensitive ones that dont kill ur pocket throw them in and if they growing good them u drop 300 stack on zoas for one rastas those bad boy are funny they dont like been frag so get a head or too and see if the take of then u will know for sure

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
and make sure you get pics of them open of the ones that you are going to buy. cause you don't want to get **** DUD'S sent to you and then your like waiting a week for them to open and then nothing happens.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
rob7gab i can garante u that any of my zoas one hour in Ur tank there like hello (unless ur tank is wack )ask around there is plenty of my zoas running around mr lol and plus i can also assure if i sold u anything and it didnt open u can come back to my crib and i give it to u again i don't see too many peeps on mr that way ask around about that too lol

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
i wouldn't doubt it, and as of rite now we have 51 frags of just ZOAS/PALYS i just counted quickly and thats not counting the rest of them that are glued on the rocks. lol talk about crazy.

Last edited:

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
i wouldn't doubt it, and as of rite now we have 51 frags of just ZOAS/PALYS i just counted quickly and thats not counting the rest of them that are glued on the rocks. lol talk about crazy.

dude thats alot of frags. in what time frame did you get all that? im not sure how much of a bio load zoas are on a tank but the motto definitely is to move slowly.

baamnyc i if i was u not telling what to do but i would buy a few sensitive ones that dont kill ur pocket throw them in and if they growing good them u drop 300 stack on zoas for one rastas those bad boy are funny they dont like been frag so get a head or too and see if the take of then u will know for sure

I have rastas and they did great in my tank. went from 2 polyps to over 30. I have noticed that they dont like to be fragged though. i fragged a few polyps and a frag with only one polyp melted.

Last edited:

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
that exactly what i meant about the rastas been funny i frag them and sometimes they do great and sometimes they melt and i have give them again those thing are weird also after u frag them u ever notice the take a while to open up like how they was they look droopy and stuff i i have nice size colony also even tho lately i been fragging a little too much after this weekend some my zoas are going on the don't frag list till i have above 40 heads it just lately i been trading and some my zoas been on the request list so u know how that goes but my collecting is getting bigger even some nice colony been reduce to mini .. but if u have those and they doing good u should be good to go some zoas is not going to like Ur tank i came to that conclusion and that the way it is so even if u have some that grow like crazy some will still melt even if there is nothing wrong with ur tank maybe its were they come from or something idk

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
i hate when things melt it get me so frustrated. like it was good when i bought it and then WOOPOWW rite in my face its gone. im like are you kidding me well there goes 15-20$

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: