10. You have fingertips like Bart Simpson 9. You're allergic to saltwater 8. You know…
I just came to the conclusion that this hobby would be a whole lot better without a bunch of people mucking it up. Upon further introspection, I decided that I’m not doing the reefing world right if I keep all of this info to myself, so here it is, the definitive list of people who should not be involved in the world of reefing:
- People who call corals “plants”
- People with too much money to spend. Cleaning out the LFS of all the cool new SPS only to have them die in a week in your tank only runs up the price for everyone else.
- People with too little money to spend. Don’t try to explain to me why you decided not to get healthcare after you just bought one of those fancy fingernail sized chalices for $300.
- People who think you can transport a coral in a bag with one ounce of water and no air.
- People who offer to trade you drugs for corals. Aside from drugs being illegal in most places, the notion of exchanging live animals for banned substances only really works if you carry a submachine gun to work.
- Makers of black or white frag plugs. Is gray more expensive? Are you just trying to piss us off? Said manufacturers are now using bright purple plugs to identify their frags. Do these people wear purple pants to work every day?
- Hobbyists who use kitchen tile from Home Depot to mount their frags. I don’t care how many dollars you saved by doing this, you’re still an idiot for thinking it was a good idea.
- Makers of clear acrylic plugs.
- People who mount frags in stupid positions.
- Frag Whores™