Recently, Orphek introduced a new line of lighting focused on the traditional bar shape. These new bar LED lights come in three different intensities, 54w, 72w, and 108w.
The design reminds us the old fashioned T5/T8 neon lights, but instead of the neon are placed LEDs. They look a little too rough for our taste, as it is a simple aluminum heat sink with the LEDs placed on the bottom and covered with a temperate glass panel. The design is straightforward and reflects the main purpose for which they were made, to be a powerful kind of lighting at the cheapest price.
Different spectrums available for the OR
There are five different spectrums available, depending on their use.
- Fresh Water Planted – Spectrum designed for freshwater aquariums dedicated to plant growth. Spectrum is mainly set to daylight 7000k;
- Grow Light Flowering – Specrtum for freshwater aquariums not necessarily based on plant growth;
- Reef Violet & Grow Vegetative 1 – Developed to give a violet spectrum to marine aquarium lighting. Spectrum is mainly set to 380-440nm;
- Reef Daylight – Developed for the standard illumination of a marine aquarium;
- Reef Blue Sky – Developed to give a blue spectrum to marine aquarium lighting. Spectrum is mainly 450-500nm.
Three different sizes according to the length
OR LED lighting bars are produced in three different sizes, and so three different powers:
- 60 cm = 54w and 18 x 3w LED;
- 90 cm = 72w and 24 x 3w LED;
- 120 cm = 108w and 36 x 3 w LED.
They are fitted with roof hooks and can be hooked-up in two different ways: the typical one through two slots on the top, or docking them in the side slots (even if, honestly, we don’t understand why this would be desired).
- Driver: external;
- Input Voltage: 100-240VAC;
- Frequency: 50-60Hz;
- Consumption: 54/72/108 watts;
- Cos(phi) > 0.95;
- Input current (Amps) 0.55;
- Length: 60/90/120 cm;
- Width: 5 cm;
- Height: 2.8 cm;
- Weight: 1/1.5/2 kg;
- Driver weight: 0.5 kg.
The new LED bars have been recently introduced on Orphek‘s official product page, and they are available for purchase.
These bars will cost 120, 140, and 160 dollars respectively, delivered to your home, plus VAT and customs duties. Moreover in this period of the strong dollar, prices in Italy should be higher than those reported, probably 135, 155, and 175 euro each.
Orphek LED Aquarium Lighting is now certificated WEEE.
For those who are not familiar, WEEE stands for Waste Electrical & Environmental Equipment. Being RAEE certificated means that the product is made according to the WEEE guidelines.
Given this, Orphek follows WEEE and above all they are very careful with high recycling-ratio materials.
Orphek believes that “protect biodiversity of nature” means providing:
- hi-tech solutions that simulates, as close as possible, nature in a captivity environment;
- ecological lighting solutions that do not produce radiant heat;
- taking responsibility for environmental waste and their implications;
- solutions with a chance of upgrade to reduce RAEE.
Most of the Orphek have the option of an upgrade. This means that it is possible to use the same framework over and over again, only changing the driver and LEDs.
To order them, you can contact Orphek.
[Translated by Federico Lavezzi]