So I'm trying to figure out some programming to get myself an "automatic" water change system kind of like the Genesis RENEW system but trough my Apex, figured I'll get as much as I possibly can out of it...My question is does anyone know if a Feed over rules all other statements? For example:

If I start a process using FeedC and my programming for Pump1 read...
If FeedC then ON (with a duration of maybe 5 minutes)
If SwitchB ON then OFF

But here's the thing if SwitchB goes ON before the duration of the Feed will the pump still go off because of that statement or will it remain on until the feed ends?

If anyone has the answer to this pleaseee let me know. Thanks, Fortunato

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Of course, anything you want to know ;)
All you need to do water change is two float switches from eBay $3.50 each and I/O brakeout box from Neptune $36 or I can provide all info how to DIY that box and save some money... Two small power heads I'll recommend rio 800 and that's it.
That's the simplest way how to setup water change if you have room for containers close to your sump but if you don't I can tell you how to do it using boosting pump (my setup) and run water to the drain even 50 feet and other 50 feet or so from your tank with fresh mix I'm using 1/4" Teflon tubing (RO tubing)...

Here is short video (not my) how it works if you gonna use reg power heads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6otjHT2Z-E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You can tell you apex to turn off that programm after several minutes in case the pump doesn't turn off and you don't have to use extra cane with float switch but probably the guy who did this video didn't know that or for some reason did his protection ;)

This is from another thread. He told me in PM specifically what you want to do, to program it with commands. I am very interested in this, but I dont have an Apex yet. Shoot him a PM see if he can help. Out. He said that it is pretty easy to do.

Can you please share the answer as well since Im now finally setting up the new tank and thinking about the same thing.

Ok so I did a dry run and it appears that programs do defeat a feed. In simple words, if you have a command saying something against the command of a feed, the command that doesn't have to do with the feed is the one that will be executed. This is great for what I'm trying to accomplish

Marcin11379

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thirty5 , maybe you can help my.
Maybe is a simple think but not for all of use.I can't set up simple water change.Here is so many nice programs and ideas. Maybe you can help me.I got:- 2 water sensors -1 Solenoid Valve for top off - 2 water pump one for water to drain, second pump fresh mix water to sump-1 pump for mix fresh water - Water barrel 25 gal.with fresh mix Sump;top sensor will turn on/off top off water and turn off fresh mix water from barrel bottom sensor will turn Off water pump to drain and turn on fresh mix Water pump to drain will be turn on by Time at 22:00 ONLY MTWTF for 2min. and Saturday and Sunday OFF When water will by pumped out from barrel turn off heater and pump in barrel.I think Top sensor have to have Min. time or Defer when water change starts, same think bottom one before fresh mix start pump. My connection in EB8:1- Solenoid Valve ATO2- Fresh Mix ( barrel)3- Water to drain from sumpI hope I explained what I mean.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: