Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
Po4 is high man. What your PH? I personally didnt like the red sea especially for PO4. Most likely its even higher then that if your using red sea. I would try different kits and a po4 meter. What salt are you using also?

Yea i just put on a reactor with some phosban and try to lower my phos. How else can i lower them? because i see my no3 is a little high also. how can i lower them both with one stone? Im using ESV salt.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Zuska you may have AEFW's but IME the tissue doesn't recede so uniformly from them. Usually bite marks would be visible. You have more vital issues than pests at the moment. Your po4 is ridiculously high and you photoperiod is wacky :) I have never seen or heard of reefs keeping a 10hr photoperiod with a 400w halide, or a 1 hr photoperiod?.. At least not long term. If you Apex can't control your lights use a regular timer for the time being.

If this was my tank I would
1) Adjust MH photoperiod to 4 hrs and leave t5's for 10
2) slowly reduce po4 through water change and Rowaphos
3) check for AEFW

Good luck. SPS can be a PITA sometimes.

Last edited:

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
Ok so i just tested my levels with salifert test kits and they were way different then the red sea readings. so im confused on which test kits i should be using. this is what i got.

alk 7.7
cal 495
mag 1480
phos 0.03
no3 10

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
Good numbers. Cal a little high for where I would want it.

yea i changed the water now every 4 days with esv salt and i dont dose anything in between water changes. I also changed my t5 light combo and everything is looking better. Im still testing red sea and also with salifert kits to compare my results.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: