Attachments

• IMG_9238.jpg
    IMG_9238.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 813

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
There are a million speculations Zuska. Most guys will blame alk, but correct alk is dependent on the nutrient level of a specific tank. Tanks that are very clean or "ULN" require DKH closer to NSW (7 ish). Most of us don't have ULN reefs so we can safely keep alk 9dkh-10dkh or more. Where are you keeping your alk?

You are running the 400w sfiligoi now right? How long is your photoperiod? What is your fish stocking list and how much are you feeding? Are you testing for po4? If so what kit and what reading?

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Base up recession is also sometimes a sign of AEFW. Have you tried giving the coral a few strong short blasts with a turkey baster near the base and deep between the branches?

what will this do?? blowing the aefw away so it can flow to other acro? :bigeyes2::bigeyes2:

following along. few of my acro are doing the same thing. very frustrating when it grew from 1" frag:fishhit::fishhit:. i was able to save some by fragging what is not affected and throw away the base. i dont know if you want to take that route.

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
what will this do?? blowing the aefw away so it can flow to other acro? :bigeyes2::bigeyes2:

following along. few of my acro are doing the same thing. very frustrating when it grew from 1" frag:fishhit::fishhit:. i was able to save some by fragging what is not affected and throw away the base. i dont know if you want to take that route.

By doing this he can determine if in fact he does have aefw .,also if they blow away fish will eat them and at the very least chew them up

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
There are a million speculations Zuska. Most guys will blame alk, but correct alk is dependent on the nutrient level of a specific tank. Tanks that are very clean or "ULN" require DKH closer to NSW (7 ish). Most of us don't have ULN reefs so we can safely keep alk 9dkh-10dkh or more. Where are you keeping your alk?

You are running the 400w sfiligoi now right? How long is your photoperiod? What is your fish stocking list and how much are you feeding? Are you testing for po4? If so what kit and what reading?

Yea i run the mh from 10am-10pm

Im using red sea test kits and here are my results from yesterday

ALK 9.5
CAL 420
MAG 1400
PHOS 0.04
NO3 1
Salinity 1.027

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Yea i run the mh from 10am-10pm

Im using red sea test kits and here are my results from yesterday

ALK 9.5
CAL 420
MAG 1400
PHOS 0.04
NO3 1
Salinity 1.027

You probably want to cut that MH photoperiod in half! IMO this is the cause of your problems. Your whole tank will look better with the reduced photoperiod. You're not dealing with a 150w DE halide there bud ;)

Last edited:

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
So my apex is still not working and the corals are all bleaching out now. i dont think the light is my problem! I was running 556w of lights before i got this light and everything was doing fine. I checked all my levels today

Tested with redsea test kits
Alk 8.4
cal 450
mag 1500
phos 0.36
no3 3
salinity 1.026
ph 8.3
temp 77.1
orp 349

What can be the problem here? Would it be that i transfered all my lps from the other tank into this one? i added more fish also.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: