I was not the only one getting these readings and if you followed the thread youll see i tested 100 and 200 gallon batches numerous times and got these high reading with a milwaukee, a hanna and a salifert tester. at this point nothing really matters cause what was lost is lost and you cant get back the livestock lost, the time spent trying to fix the problem you didnt know existed in the salt or the money lost. So at this point its futile to even bother discussing any longer. I now know i need to check my new salt water for everything every time i make it which is a real PITA!
Hi Bklynreef, I had misunderstood your earliest post, I thought you were cumulating the different values found by Vio at each step.
I understand your frustration. I started systematically testing each new batch of salt after ending up with a salt that was giving me 500+ calcium, for 1200 Magnesium and a ridiculously low alkalinity. I ended up using the bucket for bbs :s
Update, just made a 100 gallons batch of salt from a new box and PO4 was at .05 which is fine. Looks like ESV corrected their problem. I'm still running GFO in my new salt water to bring it down to zero.