ecam

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey does anyone have a Yellow belly regal established in their tank and has succesfully introduced a scribbled angel? Im trying to do this in the next few weeks and wanted some tips.

Thanks

Tank is 180 with a coral beauty, Regal and various other tangs

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I did it but it wasn't pretty the scribbled got chased hippo tang and yellow tang which caused it to get cloudy eye it was stressful because the scribbled is expensive but in the end took about 3 weeks of heavy feedings and now they all get along if I had to do it again I'd probably try to use an acclimation box

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
You guys are putting these angels in reef tanks with zoas and etc? I'm curious because I've always wanted to but been told my corals will be eaten and etc. I have a flame but I want a different angel. Thanks and sorry for jumping in

ecam

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them in the tank. It's always the luck of the draw and I personally wanted a regal more than Zoas so I was willing to sacrifice them if needed. But so far so good.

Aim for juviniles over adults. They probably never tasted a Zoa. :)

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I love the emp angels and etc but was always worried about them pecking at corals. I am willing to test it out though. Even queen angels or blue faces are gorgeous fish. Finding a juvi is going to be tough, but thanks for the info.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I'd def only add juvi I personally never had luck with any larger fish acclimating to captivity but rarely have trouble if I get them sm

I set my tank up I only wanted sps and angels so I'm not worried about other corals

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
The scribbled can get big I wouldn't add one too a tank lees then 150-200 gal even then might not be long term

I have a scribbled and emperor in a 220 not sure how it will go in future might have to pull one eventually

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: