NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
paul how do you have the input and where do you have the input ? you have a separate reactor that the ozone injects into ? i really weighed doing this but it would just be a few more things plugged in that i dont have space for,

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
What do you feed?? Just spectrum pellets?? Thats what I do regularly once a week I'll do mysis soaked in fresh garlic..

Formula one and two pellets mixed, once a day. Maybe twice if the kids want to see the fish eat. :)

nori every other day.

target feed coral mysis and brine once a week durring water change.

Twice a month (or more) frozen angle food. (think it's sponges)

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Bob, I just run the ozone generator in series with the skimmer. I don't understand the question, but I'm getting old.
Ozone is safe to run in any building. An aquarium generator does not put out that much ozone and youshould not smell anything. All of the ozone will be almost immediately used up in a few seconds in water. I have it in a small closet where it has been for decades. I would know right away if for instance the hose came off and the ozone went directly into the closet which has happened a few times. Nothing will happen. This stuff is not nucliar waste. (I just noticed that I forgot how to spell that also)

Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some info I did a while back now on Ozone with a bit about ORP....Its a bit of a funny measure as far as overal tank 'health' goes, so i normally say to people dont get too hung up on chasing a magic figure... Its handy, but not the be all and end all.... I mean lets face it...if it was such a standard we would all be using it as a benchmark.

hope its of some help..(dated article, but still very applicable imo, and I still use the same regime today)

http://www.reef-eden.net/ozone_in_the_reef_aquarium.htm

regards

Last edited:

seahunt

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes that was dated, when setup correctly it is safe in a home.

It is run 24/7 not 2 hours a day.

here is another article

heres a list of things that ozone affects

Decreased algae
Decreased cyanobacteria
Increased skimmer production
Increased ORP
Reduced nitrate
reduce nitrite
Decreased pathogenic bacteria
Reduced circulating toxins
Cleaner (more pure) water
Increased water clarity (even if it had been very clear before ozone)
Increased light penetration
Decreased yellowness

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
The absolute level of ORP is not so important as the relative level. When you notice a spike or drop from your normal range that is meant to alert you that something is going on in the system.

Also note that pH will have an inverse relationship with the ORP.

I do not use Ozone and my ORP is generally in the 440 range with a pH of 8.20

dmr2000

Yo Dude !!!
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
ozone ok I run a 250mg ozoner though my ev120 skimmer with the orp controler and its fine my orp is 450 I run the water though carbon after it leaves the skimmer :party:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: