Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
Whats the best product out there to get rid of this slime? i have it all over my rocks and parts or sand? and whats the cause of this? But i really need a good product to get rid of it:)

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Whats the best product out there to get rid of this slime? i have it all over my rocks and parts or sand? and whats the cause of this? But i really need a good product to get rid of it:)
A good skimmer,water change,remove it at night with a tooth brush.No chemicals necessary here.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
If you have a sump, you can create a syphon and filter through a filter sock in your sump. Suck all your slime through it.
You need to eliminate the source of nutrients.

Chemicals are the nuclear option and should never be included in the initial steps. Only as a last resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
hmm ill keep that in mind if i ever see it again in my tank. i usually just dosed some chemical and within 2 days it was spotless without even having to touch the tank.

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
i have a nice skimmer, phosphate reactor, sock, my mp40 is on blast and still no good. itried removing it, shutting lights for a full day(i got clams so cant for to long)

mcnuggget

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
short term solution to a long term problem. hunt down the cause(dead spots/high bioload,po4,no3, etc...) and eliminate the problem is the real solution.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
np bio-pellets eat up all the phos and trates. i had a similar issue with cyano even though my tank was running phos at .03 and 0 trates. added the bio-pellets and within 3 weeks algae and cyano were starved out.

Will C

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
If you have a sump, you can create a syphon and filter through a filter sock in your sump. Suck all your slime through it.
You need to eliminate the source of nutrients.

Chemicals are the nuclear option and should never be included in the initial steps. Only as a last resort.
+1 - Don't just stir it up, siphon it out. If it comes off very easily (it should) the try moving your vortechs around. I beat a pretty severe case of cyano by w/c's, GFO and after 2 weeks I moved my vortechs, saw ALOT of 'stuff' blowing around and that was it - clean a day later. No chemicals. It took a while but I was committed to stay away from chemicals.
Good Luck

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
cool i will try moving my mp40 around. sounds like a good idea and i will be adding a tunze power head also to create more flow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: