ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Lol u guys are funny.. I have t5s in two tanks when I move my corals to the led ai's they are different but not by that much.. Some corals do get washed out under my LEDs.. But some actually look better.
I def found that chalice are very individual in my experience.. Meaning I have done half way up responding ok.. Others on the sand that bleached and others in direct sunlight doing well.. I found no correlation do far as to why.. But most of the large eye species are hardier in my tank under the LEDs.. Under my t5's they were/are fine..( aquatinics t5 fixture)

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0
Depends on if you mind changing the bulbs yearly once they wear out. T5 you can adjust the bulb combinations to get the colors you want. As others have said just be careful with the height/length of running the fixture as high quality fixtures like ATI do put out a lot of light.

LEDS you save on electricity, but typically get a more bluer look.

I would recommend depending on the size of tank a nice ATi 6 bulb fixture. Combinations will depend on your preference,but as kingator pointed out typically ati blue+ bulbs are the best.

I would do starting from the front to back
- ATI blue +
- ATI blue +
- ATI purple +
- ATI aqua blue special
- Ati Blue +
- Ati Blue + or GE 6700K

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Ducati how are we funny? Are we funny like a clown, do we amuse you :lol2: its true leds was out almost n e thing other then blue or green unless you build your own fixture with the correct spectrum which only a few on the site have accomplished

I also believe the ge bulb that clown advised is great but belongs somewhere in the middle of the fixture not in the back. I have seen some serious growth after changing my bulbs and adding one of those into the mix which is in the middle of the fixture

Last edited:

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Idk haha. I never really studied it, but trust me if I wasn't satisfied w my tank and the way it looks I'd have the "best" lighting on there by the weekend.. I put way too much time and money into this to have the tank be blah.. I'm sure there is a better led system out there but I'm waiting for something that really can be much better as far as color goes.. They have everything else.

Sorry for going off topic.. But back to chalices.. I do have a particular chalice that was ok under my t5s and under my LEDs is actually better in color.. I'll post pix in another thread. Or maybe in this one if you guys don't mind..
To play it safe, I would stay w t5's for this.

OGGISPORTS

Reef
Vendor
Rating - 98.1%
102   2   0
I run led now AI sol blue 3 on a 125 but trying to decide go AI vega ir t5 I have no problem with bleaching thanx everyone keep it coming and plz do post pics

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: