Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The std rate dosage is 1/3 cup ROX / 50 gals., if you are currently using GAC. If you have never used GAC, then use ROX at 1/4 of that 1/3 cup and increase it over a month to 1/3 cup. However, even if you are using GAC I would start ROX at 1/2 that 1/3 cup and increase it to that 1/3 cup in a month, as ROX is a very fast absorber. Corals really need to be acclimated to the lower nutient load. Dropping the nutrient load to fast can crash corals at times. Same goes for corals added to high nutient load waters, i.e., should be acclimated.

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purigen is just a OSA, while CPE is GAC and GFO.

No, it is not a waste. Purigen and ROX is a great combo. You can make a much better CPE by mixing any GFO, Purigen and ROX. The only down side is you are wasting the Purigen which can be regenerated with bleach. One can also regenerate GFO but it is more of a pain in the ass. In either case of the two about two regen's then disgard.

B1N4RY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
The std rate dosage is 1/3 cup ROX / 50 gals., if you are currently using GAC. If you have never used GAC, then use ROX at 1/4 of that 1/3 cup and increase it over a month to 1/3 cup. However, even if you are using GAC I would start ROX at 1/2 that 1/3 cup and increase it to that 1/3 cup in a month, as ROX is a very fast absorber. Corals really need to be acclimated to the lower nutient load. Dropping the nutrient load to fast can crash corals at times. Same goes for corals added to high nutient load waters, i.e., should be acclimated.

Do you think I should fluidize it so the media is gently tumbling?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: