SPotter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
How are you dosing it? And how much? Just pouring it in?

I will start by adding 5ml into each bin tonight. I will be sure to dose right infront of the powerheads so its dispursed. Keep in.mind the precipitate that this causes will build up on the rocks. You will want thoroughly rinse the rocks before putting in the tank.

Also its important to purchase the right seaklear po4 remover. You want the one that just says "for pools" on the bottle and not the one that says "CR" on it. The CR version is diluted and dont by Phosfree, thats even more diluted with only a 20% concentration. Its cheaper and easier to find in a store but doesnt work as well....trust me I used it 12 months ago and now curing my rocks over again.

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Everyone is making a project out of this !!!
If you want to understand how the product works take a clear jar of your dirty tank water add 1 drop of lanthium to jar shake watch and wait you will see how the phosphates come out of solution.This is why a fine micron sock is recomended.You can go as far as 5 micron.The article on RC is long but worth the read also as with any phosphate reducer your alkalinity is going to drop in you tank it will also need to be replaced .If you read the bottle 32 ounces treats 20,00 gallons of water. Last time I recomended this to someone on here boomer had a baby. I havent lost any corals in my tank using this product,also vodka ever did the trick for me. Also you need to find where your phosphates are comming from to not have to using this product 24/7.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Keep an eye on filter feeders you value, like clams. Dilute heavily with RODI if you're doing an in-tank treatment and run a small micron sock that has been mentioned above.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: