BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I been having a problem with bryopsis in my 45 Gallon. I've raised my mag with brightwell mg to 1600 for approximately a week now and my oregon tort looks pale as all hell but the bryopsis doesnt seem to be affected. I been manually removing but it keeps growing back. So far one coral got smothered from it and im afraid my cali tort is next.

Any other suggestions? I been trying to do research to no avail.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Bryopsis

6e6a8e9y.jpg

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Ok this is what is working for me
I bought 4 "Lettuce Nudibranch" and dropped them in the spots that the bryopsis is growing ...but first rip out as much as you can, and trim it low so it will easier and faster for the nudi to consume it

try your best at not letting a lot of the algae float around in the tank

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
i dont want to get both. which actually worked better. lettuce nudibranch or blunt end sea hares? does anyone have actual first hand success with them against bryopsis

I think the nudibranch would be a better choice because they are smaller and won't irritate your corals. A sea hare will go on top of them leaving the mucus on them. Just don't get only one..get about 3-4.

You also need to get deep into the roots of all of this. What are your parameters?

Last edited:

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I think the nudibranch would be a better choice because they are smaller and won't irritate your corals. A sea hare will go on top of them leaving the mucus on them. Just don't get only one..get about 3-4.

You also need to find the the deep into the roots of all of this. What are your parameters?

The root of the problem was from old bulbs that i have changed already and purchasing a sand sifting goby that caused a cycle. The goby is gone as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: