duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
My skimmer skims just fine btw. Is the only useful piece of equipment I would ever recommend to anyone.

You shouldn't be recommending anything to anyone. Now I know why they make books for dummies for people like you who can't read the normal books and take some advanced advise. You bring nothing to this site except negativity and despair. Go on reefcentral please and make threads like this and see how long your on that site for. You are so lucky I'm not a mod because I would ban you and all your other names very fast. Do us all a favor and get a dandelion garden and leave the reef keeping to people who can actually do it.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
All my other names? Hahaha your the best! my great grandfather was also paranoid. I wish you were a mod also duke you'd fit right in

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
You have duke, jackson, and inevo. Though I have only met jackson the other two have been on here quite some time and their recommendation have been very similar and line up with good advice vs bad or against the grain.

Jackson's tanks speak for themselves so do you listen to the guys that make their tanks "work" or do you listen to the guy that can't keep anything alive.

If logic is part of the equation, MoneyMaks you still have a lot to learn. Stop beating the dead horse and just do what works for you.

GFO works to reduce phosphates. Accurate or not based on a +/- .02ppm is better than knowing nothing.

If you don't test than you have no clue what's going on. You have to make some type of assumption and my assumptions if your killing everything you have no clue what your doing.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I'm glad you believe Hannah for phosphates is accurate +-.02. Do some research you'll see you can't test phosphates in reefs YET.

The point is I USED to listen to these same 3 kids who give the same "advice". Got me nowhere. Maybe you'll hve better luck. Start saving $ now.

If there was a "right" way to keep a reef, you wouldn't see 500 different methods now would ya.

What does that tell you? That everyone is experimenting yet feel like they know enough to give "advice".

That's why u see duke and his other accounts he made do nothing but make corny jokes and insults coz he knows nothing about the hobby.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
I love how mr have some true clowns running around here now a days that have all the answer it funny there is only a few tanks that do the walk and the clowns with the wack tanks that constantly killing corals have all the answers ...gfo dont work dont use it we should have a competition thread of clowns that use gfo and the ones that dont and see who have the better looking systems

Last edited:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
The good thing about the internet is you can read about your equipment before making your decisions. Not taking in what everyone says by wanting or needing a silver spoon. Even with coral, fish etc. All need to be researched by yourself before making the decision to make a dive.

Here is a good article from a good source:

reefkeeping article about GFO

^if your not going to listen to hobbyist then read about it from other "credible" sources.

Like I said, please take everything with a grain of salt. A forum/community is to put advice based on user experience. Some users have more knowledge than others but most of all this hobby is amazing because there is no 1 way to make a great tank. 1 tank may have off the wall parameters and corals do amazing while in another tank with great parameters and it melts away.

Nothing is 100%. There are many variables that can cause a tank to crash, coral to die, etc.

Last edited:
M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Variables like:
1400 mag,
3.2dkh alk,
0 phosphtes (lol)
30nitrate
1.024 salinity, weekly WC, doser ( 2 part) , ATO, controller, reactor, skimmer, ESV salt.

Please point me to the variable that'll make corals not grow/bleach/white tip/turn to skeletons.

I'll wait....

Dk638

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Variables like:
1400 mag,
3.2dkh alk,
0 phosphtes (lol)
30nitrate
1.024 salinity, weekly WC, doser ( 2 part) , ATO, controller, reactor, skimmer, ESV salt.

Please point me to the variable that'll make corals not grow/bleach/white tip/turn to skeletons.

I'll wait....

I'd say you could raise that salinity a bit for sps, 1.025-1.026 could be better, but if you just keep complaining and not changing anything you'll never know. Do it slowly and please, STOP THE WHINING, if the hobby is that miserable for you give it up.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Ok so raise the salinity and stop whining. Gotcha, will check back in a month with results.thanks

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/...C-DAC6-4EF6-A401-A1021937F1B1_zpsi0zt4nvt.png

To recap yesterday Reefs posted a 100 ppm nitrate 100 Gallon, SPS dominant tank

Here's a pic of a 300 gallon SPS tank from Reefs with Phosphate at 1.24 ppm.

Still think you know what your talking about? Because I'm more confused now than 3 years ago when I thought it was get x number for this and x number for that and you'll be fine.

I'm here to tell you it ain't like that in reality. And anyone who tells you to chase those numbers and buy x equipment/s, either is making $$ of you or simply is as confused as you are about this hobby.

Dk638

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Your right, different tanks, different results. I've been having trouble with my tank too. The key is it takes time to dial a tank in, you can't expect to make a change and see results in 2 days. I think I know what's wrong with mine now but won't know for sure for a while. You can't expect to buy a reactor, throw gfo in and problem solved. The key is 1 change at a time and SLOW. Maybe you used too much gfo at once. Also the more a tank matures the more the parameters aren't as important, just my opinion.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Ok I'm going to give you my run down on how I keep my tank. I keep my alk and calcium steady with a calcium reactor. 8.3 to 8.7 alk 420 to 430 cal and mag from 1289 to 1350. I check my alk everyday around the same time using salifert test kits. Once per week 2 days after water change I test mag and calcium. 3rd day I check po4, no3 and potassium. I run my led lights 10 hours a day and at full strength with is 90 both blues and whites 75. I have a strong skimmer with a fuge. You wanna lower your nitrates follow reef keepers guide to vodka dosing. Knocked my no3own from 1.8 to .05 in 8 weeks. I do 20 percent water change per week siphoning deitrus not just water. I try and keep my temp at 77 but it's been up to 80 this week. I have 2 mp 40 and 2 sea swirls moving water. I tryout new supplements like fuel, iodide and other aminos every once in awhile. I use half of what's recommended in rowaphos. I'm supposed to use 180ml I use 90ml. I run my fuge lights opposite main lights and I have a auto too off. I now am trying bio pellets to stop thevodka dosing. Try following this and see what happens.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
And if the Hanna you feel don't give you a accurate reading then see what numbers on the Hanna gives you the best for your tank and keep it at that number. My tank looks best from .05 to .08. May not be the true measurement of po4 but it gives me a idea what my corals like

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I do everything the same only diff is I don't have a fuge. It's an AIO tank. And my light are at 50% 10 hrs a day full spectrum led.

I'll stop the GFO, maybe put some carbon in the reactor for now. Cross my fingers and hope for the best.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Wow you do everything the same? Don't find that to often. Let's hear your run down on EXACTLY what you do. Don't change anything to make it sound like you do it just to try and prove your point, let's hear a actual month of what you do

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: