akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Recently I switched back to ESV salt. I like that it is constantly an even number but the alk for me personally is a little high.

I usually make 20 gallons at a time. Would like to drop the alk to about 9.
Anyone know of the measurements we can use?

Thanks

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
you should mix the salt as they state
there is also other elements on the liquids that provides Alk

+1...from what I'm told...the liquid parts A & B are not the same as ESV parts 1 & 2 (alk/calcium)
I'm sure that Bob from ESV will be at the swap if you need to ask his advice in person.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Recently I switched back to ESV salt. I like that it is constantly an even number but the alk for me personally is a little high.

I usually make 20 gallons at a time. Would like to drop the alk to about 9.
Anyone know of the measurements we can use?

Thanks
Did you see any Corals stress after water change ?, may be NOT, most of the time live stock look better, removing the detritus, fish poo, reduce the Bacteria density, your 9 dKh may go 9.5 after water change, corals consume Alk more then Mg or Ca, so if you use 9 (fresh salt water) you may have to add some Carbonate (bicarbonate) not to go under, some ppl use Acid Muriatic to drop the Alk. i don't think is good idea , you just fine.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
My issue is with their phosphates being .19
everything else with this salt mix is perfect to me and i used to love it.
now im running GFO in my saltwater holding tank to bring it down to zero before putting any more PO4 in my tank from NEW SALT!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: