Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Just a question:

The Alkalinity meter costs $50, and the Liquid Reagent thats good for 25 Tests costs $10. Does anyone else see something wrong here?

Alkalinity Tests are the easiest tests to do. I use Elos and its less than $20 for the kit that does 40 Tests. Besides the cool digital display, whats the benefit of spending 2x as much to test the dkh? It takes me literally 30 seconds to test with Elos. I mean, is it really that necessary to know your dkh down to the hundreths of a point? If your within .5 dkh of clarity, it shouldn't have an effects at all to your livestock.

I would have loved to get this product if you could do 100 tests for $10 worth of Reagents because I basically test my dkh almost every 2-3 days. Just my 2 cents.

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Just a question:

The Alkalinity meter costs $50, and the Liquid Reagent thats good for 25 Tests costs $10. Does anyone else see something wrong here?

Alkalinity Tests are the easiest tests to do. I use Elos and its less than $20 for the kit that does 40 Tests. Besides the cool digital display, whats the benefit of spending 2x as much to test the dkh? It takes me literally 30 seconds to test with Elos. I mean, is it really that necessary to know your dkh down to the hundreths of a point? If your within .5 dkh of clarity, it shouldn't have an effects at all to your livestock.

I would have loved to get this product if you could do 100 tests for $10 worth of Reagents because I basically test my dkh almost every 2-3 days. Just my 2 cents.
1+ yeah i have one with the upgrade kit i still think its too much hype i rather deal with salifert or elos...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: