jdl10011

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm rather new to this hobby and my knowledge of corals is rather limited.
I'm very interested in having a coral in my tank that is a deep red color.
Can anyone recommend any species that are a deep/maroon red color.
Many thanks.

jdl10011

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ah, yes: it's a 6g edge tank (so I'm obviously looking for something small).
It will be mostly softies, and really the only fish I expect to have is a watchman goby.
Right now I just have some xenia and blue sympodium.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
For smaller corals, a red blasto might be a good choice, acans or a micromussa. There are some zoas that are borderline red, but I know of no true totally red ones.

kakado

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2653439f.jpg

Red zoa top right.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Red People eaters are basically all red, larger polyp
001.jpg

there are plenty of other zoas that are close to all red, and can add a bit more color to your tank.

Possibly a chile coral too. If you like leathers.

I didn't focus on the zoas because he was asking about a 'deep red color' and most are variations and not like a fire engine red..which was what I was picturing.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
considering these factors....6 gal. edge, new reefer, keeping mostly softies....
red mushroom would be something you may want to start with. shop around.....i have seen some really red.... like crimson red mushrooms.
they are easy to keep and pretty inexpensive.
you may also want to look into upgrading the lights though. i'm not a nano person but have read about some led bulbs upgrade...just simply swap out the stock stuff.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
considering these factors....6 gal. edge, new reefer, keeping mostly softies....
red mushroom would be something you may want to start with. shop around.....i have seen some really red.... like crimson red mushrooms.
you may also want to look into upgrading the lights though. i'm not a nano person but have read about some led bulbs upgrade...just simply swap out the stock stuff.
I agree with the choices made by everyone else I was thinking blastos and acans myself since they are some of my favorites but like Tom said you are just starting out so I would go with red mushrooms.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0

+1 on this comment. Red mushrooms have beautiful, uniform red hue to them and will be perfect for a small tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: