Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
yea it does suck but there is a way to use it. ran out of ic Gel so been using this crappy glue. its so runny. But there is a trick to using it. essp with acros or anything else your gluing. just a small drop is what you need then dip it in the water let it get a hard layer outside on the glue then put down the frag on the plug and swirl around in a circle one time should do it now redip it and let sit for 15secconds it should be good to place in the tank and then it will cure the rest of the way. yes this glue doess really suck for the 15$ price tag it has......

ill stick to 5$ a tube of I-C Gel.

QueensRob

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Edge Chemical Coral Glue
Look that up on ebay. This stuf is thicker than ic-gel, cheaper and holds allot better. I tested out 2 tubes with no regrets, even the turbos can't knock them down. Also they are sold by a coral company. I don't even shut down the wave makers anymore when I frag.

Last edited:

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
What is the difference in all of these different glues?

The main thing I see is:
Consistency (I read online that this is made by addition of silica to make it more gel like)
Methyl vs Ethyl CYANOACRYLATE GEL

But they are all CYANOACRYLATE GEL (loctite, ic gel, edge chemical, crazy glue, ecotech).

Just not sure what makes each worth the price as compared to dollar store super glue.

I never really get to use the entire IC gel tube because glue either comes out of the sides (I do try and be careful on the strength of the squeeze but it never fails.

I dont sense much of a difference between the two in consistency, but do sense hte smell difference.

beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Edge Chemical Coral Glue
Look that up on ebay. This stuf is thicker than ic-gel, cheaper and holds allot better. I tested out 2 tubes with no regrets, even the turbos can't knock them down. Also they are sold by a coral company. I don't even shut down the wave makers anymore when I frag.

How does edge chemical compare to the brs extra thick gel does anyone know

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: