LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi Guys,

My monti is getting white spots. It almost looks like the red has been rubbed away where the ridges are.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Attachments

• white spot monti.jpg
    white spot monti.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 525
  • small monti.jpg
    small monti.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 269

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
did any dry salt fall on it? that would cause the spots also.

mmm....well....maybe I was tring to kalk aptasia and ended up with kalk bits floating all around the tank....but that only caused the one round white spot in the top pic on the right hand side. OopS!

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
you know what I mean :rolleyes: the crusty salt on the rim of the tank that falls in when your cleaning and always lands on your most expensive corals :arg:

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My monti cap was getting better for a while, but he has taken a rapid turn for the worse.

I fixed my alk. My phosphates are high even though I have a reactor. But they have always been high. My mg is low, but it is always low. I have been dosing to bring it slowly up to normal (trying to raise it by 5 ppm each day).

I usually do a water change every week, but last week I skipped.

I did a 30 gal. water change hoping that it will help a little.

Attachments

• big monti white.jpg
    big monti white.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 125
  • small monti white.jpg
    small monti white.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 120

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
leslie you can bump the MG up faster than that.

if the MG is off the alk and CA will never stay balanced for long.
that could be effecting the cap.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Put it in someone else's tank. That doesn't look too great. If it bounces back in a different well kept reef, take note of the differences between the two tanks. I've had caps do well through all kinds of alk swings. I don't think that is it.

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Put it in someone else's tank. That doesn't look too great. If it bounces back in a different well kept reef, take note of the differences between the two tanks. I've had caps do well through all kinds of alk swings. I don't think that is it.

Unfortunately, I have both mojanos and aptasia and a potential monti eating nudibranch. I doubt there are any willing foster homes :-(

Would a quarantine tank work for a coral?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: