Alexxn

Fun in the Sun !
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Is there a best way to do this ? Unfortunately I can't take out the rock that it's on....the stalks are pretty long, and I can see where they attach to the rock...I was thinking of a plastic pick or something....can't pull it off cause it's pretty slippery.....any thoughts ???

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
try peelin it off...the fresh water idea works but dont do it..cause then they start to come off the rock and float around your tank and attach elsewhere..<--experienced it....

Alexxn

Fun in the Sun !
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
try peelin it off...the fresh water idea works but dont do it..cause then they start to come off the rock and float around your tank and attach elsewhere..<--experienced it....

How the heck do you get a good hold on it though ? I thought about using some sort of plastic "pick" to pry some of it off to start....

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
fill a rubbermaid with salt water and take apart the rock structure.
you'll never get rid of it all by ripping it out. ripping could cause the anthelia to spread.

Liz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Anthelia-Be-Gone
exacto.jpg

= Hand Pickin'
1175560262_be2e7d4ab3_m.jpg

inside the tank:) BE CAREFUL

Patience grasshopper

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
:lol2:....u funny....

Use forceps to grab them......dont rip them off cause they'll grow back at the base...cut them at the bottom part and see if u can peel them off with forceps

yiliyang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Take a tooth pick and start prying them from the base, once you get a portion of the base off the rock, grab that part and slowly pull the whole thing off the rock. I was able to get a much better grip on the base than the stalk. Rip it slowly (wiggle a little side to side too)and you will get it.

Cover your nose, as that stuff stinks an ungodly odor.

Good luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: