guri

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Have a 4 years old maroon clown (bad girl bites me all the time) she was hosting my hairy mushrooms for a long time and recently started hosting Duncan coral and my Duncan doesn?t like it wanna get anemone but I don?t have to much space have 90g a lot of corals sps lps zoas softies so I don?t want anemone to move a lot I know that carpet or bobble tip is the best for my clown but are the move a lot? Anybody have suggestion?
Thanks a lot guys

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Have a 4 years old maroon clown (bad girl bites me all the time) she was hosting my hairy mushrooms for a long time and recently started hosting Duncan coral and my Duncan doesn’t like it wanna get anemone but I don’t have to much space have 90g a lot of corals sps lps zoas softies so I don’t want anemone to move a lot I know that carpet or bobble tip is the best for my clown but are the move a lot? Anybody have suggestion?
Thanks a lot guys

Nothing is a guarantee ... Anemones have a mind of their own ... I just put half of mine up for sale because it decided to move. :D

Avgou

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try a few things.

First off, If you have a rock with a decent size hole/crevice use that for where the Anemone will mount it's foot. Do this in a quarantine tank or bucket of water. From there place this in your tank in a that isolates the rock, it's a good idea to place the crevice or where the anemone's foot has mounted on the southern end of the rock and place another rock in front of this rock with some space between the two so the anemone can perch it's self onto this rock as a shelf for it to open on.

This is how my GBTA mounted its self and it has never moved in the year I've had it. I even placed a Vortech MP40 next to it and it's still there and has no desire to move...

My GSMs love theire home and even the juvenile GSM can stay in the Anemone with the powerful surge coming through with the vortech...

Good luck, just make sure it plants its self on the rock, a big hole will guarantee that.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: