DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Sounds like it RTN'd ... if that is the case it is dead ... what are your water parameters? Alk, Calcium, Nitrates, Phosphates ... etc.? What lights are you using over your tank?

naples

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i dont know the parameters on the alk, calcium , but my my ph is 8.5 and nitrates are very low between 0 and 10 i also do a 10% water change once a week. im using a stock hood that had been modified by nano customs with a 150 mh light i had the stylo very high in the tank.

Last edited:

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
also need to know what if any corals are near it.... this also helps whether it was stung or stressed by flow or another coral

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
i dont know the parameters on the alk, calcium , but my my ph is 8.5 and nitrates are very low between 0 and 10 i also do a 10% water change once a week. im using a stock hood that had been modified by nano customs with a 150 mh light i had the stylo very high in the tank.

PH is too high ...

also if you can get test kits for Alk and calc ... go and test them ...

Do you dose the tank? Standard rule I live by ... if I dose it ... I test it. :D

naples

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
ok i test the ca its @ 450 and my po4 is @ 0.1 did no test the alk my local store didn't have a test kit. with the b-ionic i am dosing 10cc everyday of the two part is that to much. the system that we are talking about is a BC29 with a sapphire skimmer. i normally do a water change every week i let it go for 2 weeks this time i think thats what screwed me up. did the water change today and everything looks great! even the pink Stylophora looks like its coming back to life.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
also if u have a nano and running a mh you might be getting a decent temp swing which could be a problem as well, missing 1 week of wc wasnt the problem, not being a prick, but not knowing your water parms is or was the problem, sps are more delicate then lps or softies to flux in parms

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Hmmm, strange.

First off, the PO4 test kits are horrible, you can never get a good reading without a Hanna meter.

10cc is not a lot but you still need to check your alk as it is the most likely culprit. You should also try to test magnesium as well, ask your LFS to do that for you.

Finally, I think you are doing too many water changes. How many fish do you have in the tank and what are you feeding it? How much waste is your skimmer pulling? What percentage of the water in the tank are you changing every week?

naples

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
bc29

here are some pic

Attachments

• DSC01653.jpg
    DSC01653.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC01654.jpg
    DSC01654.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 329
  • DSC01655.jpg
    DSC01655.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 328
  • DSC01658.jpg
    DSC01658.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC01662.jpg
    DSC01662.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC01656.jpg
    DSC01656.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 335

naples

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hmmm, strange.

First off, the PO4 test kits are horrible, you can never get a good reading without a Hanna meter.

10cc is not a lot but you still need to check your alk as it is the most likely culprit. You should also try to test magnesium as well, ask your LFS to do that for you.

Finally, I think you are doing too many water changes. How many fish do you have in the tank and what are you feeding it? How much waste is your skimmer pulling? What percentage of the water in the tank are you changing every week?

3 gallon water change and for food two or three drops of artic pods, and a half of a misa shrimp cube. how long should i let the water change go for?

naples

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
also if u have a nano and running a mh you might be getting a decent temp swing which could be a problem as well, missing 1 week of wc wasnt the problem, not being a prick, but not knowing your water parms is or was the problem, sps are more delicate then lps or softies to flux in parms

my mh has a temp switch built in to it my temps dont go above 79 but not knowing the parms is a big mistake but i'm learning thanks to you guys. i thank you for your help.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i dont it is alk seeing the caps arnt bleached, usually caps are first to go with alk problem, also the temp switch for the light is it bult in ? does it set in the tank water ? i do 5g bi-weekly on my 24g ap

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: