Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Chalices have different lighting needs. There's no real placement for a chalice do to so many lighting possibilities. Even if you had the same lighting the owner you still would have to acclimate the chalice to your lighting because his or your are not putting out the par do to tons of reason, like older b
ulbs, how deep is the tank, yours might be 24" when his could be 30" or 36". Water quality, Cristal clear water would let light penitrate further down the tank then not to clean water. Last would be some chalices turn different colors depend on the intensity of the light it's getting. Example, I have a Original Mummy Eye Chalice that when it's low to mid is Bright green, but if it's mid to high ( more to high) it turns greenish pink. Remember that even if a chalices likes mid to high lighting, you would not be able to put it there's as soon as you get it.
Si my rule of thumb is, place every single chalice I get on the sandbed for at least two weeks and then start moving up slowly and see how it reacts in you tank until you get it to the best color you can get it to. With every chalices it's a learning process, if you raise it and it start to lose color or bleach you know you have to drop it down in your tank again. Good luck with the chalice.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: