mfin77

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having trouble gluing some of my corals to my live rock. I have a hammer frag, a torch coral frag, and some sps frags. I tried using purple frag glue but it is not working very well.

Should I try buying epoxy and using that or is there some kind of glue that works very well?

Also, should I keep the discs on the frags or take them off and glue the frag to the rock? The discs are kind of funny looking.

Thank you
Mike

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I also use IC Gel, and it works just fine. Your choice wether to leave them on the disk or not.;) Some I leave on, and some I take of. Usually leave the ones that are already encrusted.;0)

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
Hey

I use super glue gel type or crazy glue gel. The trick to getting it to stick is to clean the part of the rock where you want the coral with a tooth brush make sure is a new toothbrush.lol... It works great for me.

mfin77

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glued the hammer and torch corals to a disc and put them on the sand, lets see how well they do. I used purple reef glue because thats all they had but i need to get some ic gel.

Thanks for all your input.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: